Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If spurs offered 30m for Cucurella they be treated totally differently to us and they would get him for 35/40m!

It’s like the Grealish deal Villa tried everything to not sell him to us even with a buyout!

I predict if we don’t get him he will end up going for way less than what we have offered now!
Always been the case since the takeover and all these other sets of fans never see the irony in…

“You’ve spent more money than everyone else, you’re playing in cheat mode”

“Oh you want to sign our £30m rated player? Okay, we want £50m for him!”

And year later… “I see you’ve signed another £50m player, don’t know how you get away with it”…”oh, hiya Spurs, you want our highly rated midfielder? Okay, that’s £30m!”

Last edited by a moderator:
If spurs offered 30m for Cucurella they be treated totally differently to us and they would get him for 35/40m!

It’s like the Grealish deal Villa tried everything to not sell him to us even with a buyout!

I predict if we don’t get him he will end up going for way less than what we have offered now!
At least we haven't paid 85m for a player valued at 25m last season, we wouldn't have heard the last of it.

What he fails to understand is that Zinc was getting into a Man City team,not a Brighton 11.He also offers far more as a squad/utility player.....so the claim that Cucu is 'better' is very much open to debate and interpretation.

I guess we could make it 35 to show a bit of good will and stop them whining?
As some of us have noted begrudgingly before, Cucu is NOT better than Zinchencko. Perhaps a superior defensive left back, the way Walker is a superior defensive RB to Cancelo. But I'm not sure one can say Categorically that Walker is better than Cancelo. It just depends on what you are discussing.

Cucu and Zinchencko should cost about the same to be honest.

He is their prized asset just like Bernardino is to us. We will start abusing management if we don't get good amount for him. Same goes for Brighton

Imagine if we had gotten Kane. Bayern would have gotten Haaland. So happy we missed out on Kane.

I've often thought about that. More likely, I think, Håland would have gone abroad, to someone like Real or P.S.G. Or — grisly thought — to Liverpool. It shows that we were absolutely right to be a bit patient. As I think we will be here if the price is wrong for us. We'll manage if we don't get Cucu. As we did when Vin bowed out, and we didn't really get a replacement. As we did when Sergio bowed out, and we didn't get a replacement. We'll manage…

He does make a point though, 30m is too low, but 40m imo is fair
No it's not. We can compare Cucu to all similar Fullbacks who have moved this transfer window.
Tagliafixo, Raum, Sosa, Grimaldo, etc. We can check the price range on all those guys and none of them are close to 30 million. So no, it's not a low ball. Brighton might want more, but let's stop pretending 30 million is chicken change. :(

No it's not. We can compare Cucu to all similar Fullbacks who have moved this transfer window.
Tagliafixo, Raum, Sosa, Grimaldo, etc. We can check the price range on all those guys and none of them are close to 30 million. So no, it's not a low ball. Brighton might want more, but let's stop pretending 30 million is chicken change. :(
So if £30M is NOT too low, why do City continue to carry on with any sort of negotiations ? It appears that City do not agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.