Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless if Bloom holds the all the cards, he's taking the p*ss. BLoom/Brighton paid £15 for Cuckoo 1 season ago. Now Bloom apparently wants £50mill or there abouts for him. Trebling his money and more.

I'd love to see Cuckoo sign for City, but out of priciple of not over paying for players, and Bloom taking piss because he thinks he's another Levy, City should walk away and either go for their next option, or stick with the defenders City already have. Let Bloom keep Cuckoo, he will eventually lose him anyway to another PL team, even if it isn't to City.

How is it going now?

Why don't we just pay around 40~45M + add on? I don't see how Brighton will accept anything less than 40M. It will help us a lot to get the player in early and ready before PL start. Give our old Walker a relief. That alone is worth 5M to me.

Regardless if Bloom holds the all the cards, he's taking the p*ss. BLoom/Brighton paid £15 for Cuckoo 1 season ago. Now Bloom apparently wants £50mill or there abouts for him. Trebling his money and more.

I'd love to see Cuckoo sign for City, but out of priciple of not over paying for players, and Bloom taking piss because he thinks he's another Levy, City should walk away, and either go for their next option, or stick with the defenders City already have. Let Bloom keep Cuckoo, he will eventually lose him anyway to another PL team, even if it isn't to City.
Their contractual situation in relation to their important players is not so good IMO. Maupay, Trossard, Veltman are out of contracts in 2023 and for sure they are looking at Cucurella's situation right now, how the club is behaving. I think they will move on trying to find happiness elsewhere, with bigger wages too. Brighton has sold an important player (Bissouma) to Spurs and they have not strengthened. No chance they will end up 9th as in the last time. I'm sure that the clubs that are richer than Brighton like Villa, West Ham, Everton, Newcastle would look at these players.

Just play one of the academy players.
They are good enough
Peps never been a massive fan of throwing ypimg players in too early. Also apparently the reason for the lack of confidence in JWE is not his ability but the fact he's missed the majority of the last 2 seasons with major injuries (ACL and hamstring surgery).

Because of the player who is clearly unhappy, more City's pressure on Brighton making this deal, use more propaganda etc. It's hypothetical and I know this is not in the style of City (a little bit toxic too), but I guess that for us Cucurella would be an important player and Pep really, really wants him. That's only prediction, but I have a gut feeling we want him badly, but on our conditions. So no 50M£, but 40M£ in January for example.
I can only read your username as Not the Yorkshire Ripper

Always strikes me as an odd thing to brag about and then I read Pirlo

Seriously why the fuck are some of you so botherd if we do if we don't,,get a fucking grip,,,, have you not seen our record under pep,,, ffs stop bastard panicking if it's there to be done it will be
Calm down it’s just something to chat about. There wouldn’t be anything to talk about if the answer was just Pep is great every time.

Honestly I have no problem with not signing Cucurella at all. But If we are selling Zinchenko, a quality and established squad player, it's definitely weird not to have a quality replacement wrapped out. We are going to be thinner despite being already thin. I simply can't get that logic. This is my only problem and big concern too. Maybe Pep likes the headache who would be our left-back, it's like drawing machine. Still only 17 or 18 players + goalies, a little bit short. Not so much, but OK, it's not my problem. Not if Cucurella would join or the other player or using JWE or Ake, I'm not the decision maker and it's not my business :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.