Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
City will not pay £50 Million for Cucurella and Brighton will not budge on their valuation, this deal is not happening this summer folks.

We have 3 full backs and Ake can play LB so We may not even sign an alternative LB.

I’m not sure you’re right on this one mate.

The uncharacteristic quietness on this deal suggests to me negotiations are happening.

We all know how City operate in the market - no fuss, no drama. And from experience we all know the quietest point in any deal is the few days before we reach an agreement with the selling club.

Add to that two of our most reliable and connected posters on here have told us another bid went in on Monday, and that significant progress had been made this week.

Now you can choose not to believe them, fine - but what you can’t deny is how little noise and hyperbole is coming out from the Brighton end at the moment.

That gobshite journo of theirs is usually falling over himself every day to tell anyone whose listening it’s £50m, or the player stays. We’ve hardly heard a peep out of him this last couple of days.

And we’re getting nothing whatsoever on this from the City end.

Put all that together - tells me somethings happening.

50m is a crazy price but not for a position that has been a major weakness for the last 3 seasons plus.

I would imagine he would be given a 5 year deal, so if City are willing to pay 40m but Brighton want 50, a difference of 10m over the length of his contract is almost irrelevant.

If this is the player Pep wants pay the money and get the player in.
Or just make the add ons a bit of a joke if we need to make ourselves feel better about the fee. £40mil plus £10mil in easily achievable add ons.

Or just make the add ons a bit of a joke if we need to make ourselves feel better about the fee. £40mil plus £10mil in easily achievable add ons.
It does make me wonder if we have another deal in the pipeline, hence the reluctance to go all in.

Not much left to say about this transfer anymore. Can we officially call it a “saga” yet?

It looks very much like a situation where, in the past, we have walked away.

Brighton making noises that their business model is to let players go at a certain price made me think it was just a matter of time but I’m not as confident now.

I feel sorry for Cucu but I wouldn’t be surprised if a name we hadn’t even been linked with before suddenly signed for us instead. Cucu is for sale no doubt but not at a price we seem willing to pay.

Look at the prices we signed our last 4 players really good deals and others wondering how City did it. This is our model now.

It‘s a big thing to City to be seen to be getting value for money and to take advantage of the fact that virtually every player wants to come here. It’s probably something we, as fans, underestimate.
Agree. I worried that the 'balls deep' signing of Grealish would upset the narrative that City had been building that we won't go beyond our own valuations. Kane, Harry Quagmire, Sanchez and many more were all walked away from despite the hollering of some fans 'to just pay the money'. City have played a long game and have now reached a tipping point. The long game indeed. I love it when a plan comes together...

Get the impression this is this summer's version of 'Kane' transfer. ie we want him, he wants us, but not at the money they want.

City will not pay £50 Million for Cucurella and Brighton will not budge on their valuation, this deal is not happening this summer folks.

We have 3 full backs and Ake can play LB so We may not even sign an alternative LB.
Unless your part of City transfer committee then this is just pure speculation on your part

Agree. I worried that the 'balls deep' signing of Grealish would upset the narrative that City had been building that we won't go beyond our own valuations. Kane, Harry Quagmire, Sanchez and many more were all walked away from despite the hollering of some fans 'to just pay the money'. City have played a long game and have now reached a tipping point. The long game indeed. I love it when a plan comes together...
Maguire, Fred and Sanchez was a very different plan, a cunning, genius plan that Agent Ed fell for , hook, line and sinker.

50m is a crazy price but not for a position that has been a major weakness for the last 3 seasons plus.

I would imagine he would be given a 5 year deal, so if City are willing to pay 40m but Brighton want 50, a difference of 10m over the length of his contract is almost irrelevant.

If this is the player Pep wants pay the money and get the player in.
I agree that supply and demand conditions may apply for this position and I am sure our side is trying to get an alternative to compete on quality and cost.
If not then the high price may have to be approached.

we don't have 3 fullbacks. we have 2 fullbacks and a bunch of kids. that's a really awful fullback situation in a position we were somewhat weak last season and have so far gotten weaker. we need 1 senior, high level fullbacks and if possible even 2.

Paying an extra £10m or £20m more than you think a player is worth is not irrelevant at all, when you factor in that you can add that to every other transfer we make from here on in.

If we don’t think he’s worth what they’re asking, move on. If we do, and we only have eyes for him, pay it and get him settled for the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.