Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we secure the best striker(s) around and bolster our midfield superbly and (as yet) are leaving ourselves weak in an area of concern. Seems a bit like buying a Bang and Olufsen system and having Logitech speakers.
Sure that isn't the plan and there is time to rectify.
Yep, been back from US long enough now, this deal needs boxing off asap.

I think the rest of the City squad would be buzzing if they were to able to bring Josh WE (or any youngster) into the first team squad, help him develop, settle, take him under their wing and save the club £50 million. Imagine if the 1st team were given bonus's to help make this happen.

Not much left to say about this transfer anymore. Can we officially call it a “saga” yet?

It looks very much like a situation where, in the past, we have walked away.

Brighton making noises that their business model is to let players go at a certain price made me think it was just a matter of time but I’m not as confident now.

I feel sorry for Cucu but I wouldn’t be surprised if a name we hadn’t even been linked with before suddenly signed for us instead. Cucu is for sale no doubt but not at a price we seem willing to pay.

Look at the prices we signed our last 4 players really good deals and others wondering how City did it. This is our model now.

It‘s a big thing to City to be seen to be getting value for money and to take advantage of the fact that virtually every player wants to come here. It’s probably something we, as fans, underestimate.

Last edited:
So we secure the best striker(s) around and bolster our midfield superbly and (as yet) are leaving ourselves weak in an area of concern. Seems a bit like buying a Bang and Olufsen system and having Logitech speakers.
Sure that isn't the plan and there is time to rectify.
I like Zinchenko and was sad to see him leave, but it doesn't leave us weak at the back, nor will not signing this fella, we had the best defensive record in the PL last season.
Ake can play LB Laporte can, Cancelo can and JWE looks promising IMO he needs a loan and a bit of luck with his injuries, if we keep him at the club he could easily play the number of games Zinchenko did.
I trust Tixi, Pep and the team, whilst we always need to improve it isn't a panic situation, we will be fine with or without this fella.
If Brighton insist on £50 million and the powers that be reject that they must have an alternative plan.

Didn't Mattyb say this was progressing along nicely now a couple days back?

Not much left to say about this transfer anymore. Can we officially call it a “saga” yet?

It looks very much like a situation where, in the past, we have walked away.

Brighton making noises that their business model is to let players go at a certain price made me think it was just a matter of time but I’m not as confident now.

I feel sorry for Cucu but I wouldn’t be surprised if a name we hadn’t even been linked with before suddenly signed for us instead. Cucu is for sale no doubt but not at a price we seem willing to pay.

Look at the prices we signed our last 4 players really good deals and others wondering how City did it. This is our model now.

It‘s a big thing to City to be seen to be getting value for money and to take advantage of the fact that virtually every player wants to come here. It’s probably something we, as fans, underestimate.
50m is a crazy price but not for a position that has been a major weakness for the last 3 seasons plus.

I would imagine he would be given a 5 year deal, so if City are willing to pay 40m but Brighton want 50, a difference of 10m over the length of his contract is almost irrelevant.

If this is the player Pep wants pay the money and get the player in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.