Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why we didn't go for cheaper alternative striker last season?

I mean it's the same situation isn't?, more likely all of those alternative is smoke screen. The real and only transfer target will always be Cucurella, if we don't get our target then we wait a season until next opportunity arises.

Fans will not like it but there precedent case of why there's more likely we will not look for alternatives if Cucurella transfer failed.

If you can't see the difference between the two, don't bother posting. And clearly, you can't, so I won't bother to beging pointing it out to you.

Nothing he said is wrong, why we so sensitive?
The only ones getting sensitive over this are twitter brighton fans. Not sure whats to be gained by keeping him but most seem to think the club wants city to back away so they can keep him.

Flipping a player after 1 year for £30m profit, near 3 times what they paid is exactly what brighton’s model should be. Bank the profit and go buy 2 more for £10m each and go again.

His value will never be higher (though it may remain high). Cash in. I see no world where the owner actually wants to keep him over getting a high price

As people have rightly said though, we overpaid for Jack only 12 months ago so you can fully understand Brighton thinking we will do same for Cucurella.
Yeah, we've potentially made a rod for our own back by paying 100m for Grealish.

It's why Leeds knew they could hold out for an extra 10-15m for Phillips and why Brighton are doing the same.

The only ones getting sensitive over this are twitter brighton fans. Not sure whats to be gained by keeping him but most seem to think the club wants city to back away so they can keep him.

Flipping a player after 1 year for £30m profit, near 3 times what they paid is exactly what brighton’s model should be. Bank the profit and go buy 2 more for £10m each and go again.

His value will never be higher (though it may remain high). Cash in. I see no world where the owner actually wants to keep him over getting a high price
It is the model (some of our lot still don't understand that hence the wailing on Twitter), but here it's simply the number that's the issue - your valuation doesn't meet ours. What we gain is keeping our clear (players and fans) POTS (probably for one more season max), in a position where we haven't had anything this good and where we won't get an equivalent replacement, and certainly not for £10m - if we're to progress, the numbers in our 'model' will continue increase and we're starting to see this now. Think the club see it as much more sensible, I suspect, to flip him for the same or more profit after two seasons rather than one.

It is the model (some of our lot still don't understand that hence the wailing on Twitter), but here it's simply the number that's the issue - your valuation doesn't meet ours. What we gain is keeping our clear (players and fans) POTS (probably for one more season max), in a position where we haven't had anything this good and where we won't get an equivalent replacement, and certainly not for £10m - if we're to progress, the numbers in our 'model' will continue increase and we're starting to see this now. Think the club see it as much more sensible, I suspect, to flip him for the same or more profit after two seasons rather than one.
That's OK as long as his form holds.

Unless you think we paid more than the release clause then we didn't "overpay" for Grealish. We were obviously convinced he was worth it, I suspect he'll prove his worth this coming season for anyone unsure on him BTW.
Semantics. You know exactly what I mean. I like and really rate Jack so don’t get me wrong, he was just never worth £100mil, he was a £75/80mil player at max.

Unless you think we paid more than the release clause then we didn't "overpay" for Grealish. We were obviously convinced he was worth it, I suspect he'll prove his worth this coming season for anyone unsure on him BTW.

Yerry Mina had a release clause of €100m with Barca, but they ended up selling him for 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.