Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally not that arsed whether we get Cucurella or not (we do need to sign a left back at some point in history though) but the posters suggesting we go into the season with Ake as back up left back have got seriously selective memory, nice bloke and improved last season but every time he's played left back for us he's been absolutely average at best completely nullifies what we do as a team and if Walker or Cancelo were to get injured for any length of time we'd be pretty fucked

It’s Brighton’s prerogative to set a price, up to us whether or not we pay it. Still think a deal will be done eventually, probably for “an undisclosed fee”.

I'm personally not that arsed whether we get Cucurella or not (we do need to sign a left back at some point in history though) but the posters suggesting we go into the season with Ake as back up left back have got seriously selective memory, nice bloke and improved last season but every time he's played left back for us he's been absolutely average at best completely nullifies what we do as a team and if Walker or Cancelo were to get injured for any length of time we'd be pretty fucked
It would be madness to start the season with only two recognised senior full backs, which is why I’m sure we’ll sign someone in the next week or so.

The price we paid for Jack Grealish (time will tell whether it was too much or not) doesn’t have a whole lot to do with how much Cucurella is worth.
Somebody obviously thought Grealish was worth that amount and we coughed up. Not so it appears in this case and although we don't have a recognised left full we seem reluctant to part with the cash. Maybe we don't rate this guy deep down as the 10 or 15 million in the difference could easily be recouped by a couple of academy sales. Either way anticipate some replacement for Zinchenko before the end of August.

It would be madness to start the season with only two recognised senior full backs, which is why I’m sure we’ll sign someone in the next week or so.

Completely agree Ric, which is why im pretty relaxed about whether it be Cucurella or A.N.Other, there's no way we'd have sold Zinchenko without prior knowledge someone will be coming in (eventually for all the flappers)

The highly condensed schedule, due to the World Cup being shoehorned in the middle of it, means squad depth is paramount.

I think most agree we need a left back. If not Marc we need to move on and get someone else in sharpish.

We can't afford another slow start IMHO.

I'm not surprised if we walk away from it. £50m is alot for a player that Brighton bought for £17m 12 months ago.

Brighton are perfectly entitled to put whatever price they want on his head but just because we have rich owners doesn't mean were automatically just going to pay what a club demands. We've walked away from lots of deals in the past and this looks like it's going the same way. I think £40m is a fair deal but obviously Brighton don't so it won't get done.

Hopefully we are looking at alternatives because I think we are 1 defender short currently. A left back gives us much more flexibility and options.

Nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal though is there?

I’m not angry at Brighton’s asking price I just think it’s a bit high

I have no issue with their reported price.

If we had signed him a year ago, he had the season for us that he has had for them, and say a Barcelona were trying to sign him and he wanted to go, I'd be expecting our club to be insisting on at least 50m.

Txiki sees the chance to gamble on a few other factors, and he is doing it, but I don't think their position or valuation is in any way a pisstake. I don't think the player is 'worth' 50m, but that is a whole other thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.