Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - I’ll try and break it down for you so it’s easier to understand.

I’m working on the assumption that a second bid has been rejected, as we know one went in this week - and Cucurella has just handed in a transfer request. It stands to follow - but it’s still as assumption.

At no point have I mentioned numbers - that’s entirely in your own head - but what I did say was in three way negotiations when you hit an impasse, generally all three parties will need to shift their positions slightly towards the middle to make a deal happen.

Cucurella has done his part by handing in a TR, which has a financial value to it as he forfeits his loyalty payments. That helps bridge the gap.

City will then, I would suggest, up their offer slightly to bridge the gap further. My suggestion was they’ll do this because the player has shown his commitment and gone the extra mile by handing in a TR - and they don’t want to leave him stewing at his club having chucked a grenade into their relationship.

But for the deal to happen, Bloom will need to shift his position too. Which is an interesting one, as if he doesn’t he’s putting it out there that he will block an ambitious players move when a bigger club comes calling. This will have repercussions in future transfers for Brighton.

That’s what I’m saying. And in that context, I’d imagine City will have agreed with his agents that they’re willing to match them in advance.

It’s precisely because I do trust Txiki, Ferran, Omar and the player acquisition team that I’d imagine this is the game they’re playing in getting this over the line.

Now I’ll ask you the same question - what are you talking about when you say we’re at £40m, and if we’re willing to go any higher we might as well pay them £50m?

That’s some fucking bizarre logic.

So let’s say we decide we’re willing to go over £40m to meet Cucurella’s efforts to get this over the line. What you’re saying is don’t bother going to, say, £42m - just go straight to £50m and be done with it?

Costing us an extra £8m for absolutely nothing?

If that’s your perspective and insight on sound negotiation tactics, all I can say is I’m glad you’re nowhere near our negotiating team mate.

Excellent post. I too would expect a bit of movement from all parties and would imagine Cucurella had some sort of tacit indication from us before handing in his transfer request.

I reckon so, he wouldn’t tweet it otherwise. Bloom will have already filed the request in the ‘don’t give a ****‘ folder though unless his (as yet mythical) valuation is met.
That may well be true but the longer this drags on the worse for Brighton's new season preparation. The problem with these sort of situations is that it often comes down to egos of the people involved. I think Brighton are perfectly entitled to get the best possible price. But I also believe that when a player says he wants to leave then it is crazy to try and keep them. City have lost good players in recent years, like Sane. Pep's mantra has always been that "if they don't want to play for the team then they can leave." I think this is correct. Look at the mess United have got into with people like Pogba, Ronaldo etc etc. The team has to be the priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.