Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
is he actually a child?

He’s been pretty embarrassing right from the very start of this story - his Twitter feed is absurdly melodramatic, fantastical, childish and reactionary - like it’s being written by a 12 year old.

Now I don’t think he’s as stupid as he’s making out at all - he’s just playing to the crowds down in Brighton, who will gladly lap up all the hysteria as it reaffirms their perception of their club.

We all do it to a greater or lesser degree.

He’s cynical, absolutely - but I don’t think he’s stupid.

Will be interesting to see……..you could be right but when this has happened in the past the players have been fine. Could be that Cucurella will be mightily pissed off with City if they now don’t meet the valuation (he’ll have been told by Bloom that if it’s met he can go right from the off) after being told to put in a request (which is a risk on his part).
Other players may have been fine Gully but we're talking about a foreign player who's been with you only one season and clearly wants out. Cucurella is a player who's had his head turned by Guardiola and City, just like Grealish last year and Phillips this summer. Both players were happy before we came knocking btw.

If Bloom has anything about him he'll buckle and let an unhappy and ambitious player leave for a fee that will be lower than his current (greedy) valuation.

This is embarassing coming from a journalist. I can sense hate for city as the only reason..he isn't even a Brighton fan

I think as a local newspaper reporter he is just pandering to his audience, most of whom will agree with him. He has to keep working with Tony Bloom long after this saga ends.

That may well be true but the longer this drags on the worse for Brighton's new season preparation. The problem with these sort of situations is that it often comes down to egos of the people involved. I think Brighton are perfectly entitled to get the best possible price. But I also believe that when a player says he wants to leave then it is crazy to try and keep them. City have lost good players in recent years, like Sane. Pep's mantra has always been that "if they don't want to play for the team then they can leave." I think this is correct. Look at the mess United have got into with people like Pogba, Ronaldo etc etc. The team has to be the priority.
Agree re egos, also depends on the player mentality. However we have done it before though………but this has no bearing on how this will pan out (I don’t think Marc is a Pogba/Ronaldo type though TBF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.