Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cucurella has now firmly put the ball in City's court, he wants them, they want him, will City let him hang out to dry if Bloom plays Hardball for his desired fee. Probably get done for 45m. Good luck to Cucu...quality player!

If Barca offer the ridiculous figures like the did for Torres and incredibly didn't demand money off us to take Garcia they will probably offer us £100mil and id take that.
What if ran his contract down and we ended up with f all? Besides Barcelona haven’t even paid us the full amount for that transfer.

I’m working on the assumption that a second bid has been rejected, as we know one went in this week - and Cucurella has just handed in a transfer request. It stands to follow - but it’s still as assumption.

Agree with your points, but they don't really need that assumption. We see that neither Romano who knows Cucu's agent nor Naylor who has contacts at Brighton nor the likes of Gaughan have confirmed a 2nd bid. A 2nd bid isn't really necessary to explain what's happening. City say publicly we are ready to pay 40m, Brighton say they want 50m, the transfer request, as you write, should help to find a solution around 45m.

Now, I think Bloom/Brighton really have/had the intention to insist on 50m no matter what. But there's a problem: they have no experience in dealing with talented players wanting to move to one of the top, top teams in the world.

Kane wasn't prepared to go to extremes, he even didn't hand in a transfer request. Cucu isn't England's captain, and his agent is capable of shithousery. Dealing with player's power may be much more difficult than Bloom/Brighton imagine. Cucu is their best player, they have to be careful.

And what will you say if Barcelona come in a year or two before his contract ends, good lad, follow your dreams?
That's a fair question. If it was to happen I'd be disappointed. But I once thought we'd lose David Silva and Aguero to Real or Barca when they came sniffing. They didn't leave, they both spent 10 seasons here and they both proved me wrong: )

It seems silly of Brighton not to accept £40 million. They paid around £15m last summer meaning they more than double their initial investment. They can easily replace him and use the money for the rest of the team (they need new forwards). The player is unhappy and won’t play at his best - it won’t be good for team morale and sends a message to young players going to Brighton that they will price players out of transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.