Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon that he’s had assurances from city that we’ll make it happen, for him to make this pretty drastic move

I mean we could potentially walk away if the deal is still unreasonable. Are City is going to try again for next transfer windows opportunites as somekind assurances for him and repay his effort to put his transfer request?

He gets them paid up if the club want to sell him without a request, 4 more years' worth.

Does he get 4 years worth of wages while we also pay him wages for playing for us? What are you on about, if we sign him, we have bought him out of his contract, Brighton have nothing left to pay him. Not in bonuses wages or anything else.

Last edited:
No he won't. His contract comes to an end. Loyalty payments are part of seeing his contract through.
When you sign a contract, the loyalty bonuses are spread across the contract. If Brighton sell him without his says so, he is due the loyalty payments from the full contract. He has probably taken about £4m off the transfer fee by handing in the request. I would say that says a lot about the player.

No he won't. His contract comes to an end. Loyalty payments are part of seeing his contract through.
Not quite, if he’s sold within his contract and not seen to contest it, all agreed bonuses are payable, it’s exactly why it’s the last resort, see Fernandinho for example, he wavered his to support the offer from city; although not putting the request in, and undoubtedly showing a class above, those margins needed to be made up!

Does he get 4 teara worth of wages while we also pay him wages for playing for us? What are you on about, if we sign him, we have bought him out of his contract, Brighton have nothing left to pay him. Not in bonuses wages or anything else.
It’s that mad mate.

When you sign a contract, the loyalty bonuses are spread across the contract. If Brighton sell him without his says so, he is due the loyalty payments from the full contract. He has probably taken about £4m off the transfer fee by handing in the request. I would say that says a lot about the player.

Brighton can't sell him without his say so.

They also can't pay him if he plays for someone else. When he leaves, he his no longer their player, he gets nothing more from them.

At most, he will lose one year's bonuses. Assuming he hasn't already been paid them, which reportedly happens in July so chances are he has, and is losing nothing at all.

Brighton can't sell him without his say so.

They also can't pay him if he plays for someone else. When he leaves, he his no longer their player, he gets nothing more from them.

At most, he will lose one year's bonuses. Assuming he hasn't already been paid them, which reportedly happens in July so chances are he has, and is losing nothing at all.
Players are moved on all the time mate. If you sit tight and the club gets say £50m, they will pay the player his loyalty Bonuses out of that fee. He has sacrificed his bonuses to make the deal more attractive to Brighton. I know it’s sounds crazy but this is football mate, they don’t live in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.