Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Ben White? Does that mean that they are actually asking more than the 50m they got for him? Or is it just 50m?

Because if it's something like 55m they are asking. I can see why we wouldn't pay that.

If the price really is £50m just pay the money. It's ridiculous. Sure, it's a slight overpay but the season is starting and we have a massive hole in our otherwise excellent squad in a year which could be Pep's last and we're trying to win everything. We've just made a record amount of sales (including selling a player at this position) and we're shooting ourselves in the foot to save £5m? Dumb.

I’m sure their fans will forgive and forget quickly enough if he stays. It’s a shame, as I thought he’d be a good fit for us but presume we’ll move on to different targets now. Can’t see us paying £50m+.
Agree, no way we pay £50m, even out of principle now to be honest I see us refusing to. However, the fans may forget but only if he pulls his socks up and has a stunner of a season

If we weren't willing to pay close to their asking price, which was established 6 weeks ago, why wait until the eve of the season to walk away?

We are now without a left back for the first few games of the season, at least.

This is really poor from us.

If the price really is £50m just pay the money. It's ridiculous. Sure, it's a slight overpay but the season is starting and we have a massive hole in our otherwise excellent squad in a year which could be Pep's last and we're trying to win everything. We've just made a record amount of sales (including selling a player at this position) and we're shooting ourselves in the foot to save £5m? Dumb.
I think it’s more the principle than the actual amount. It could adversely affect us in future negotiations if selling clubs know we’ll fold eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.