Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think it's about lowballing to be honest. I feel Brighton feel cucurella is absolutely significant to their season and they have no replacement ready.
They don't want to let him go under any circumstances

We will do exactly the same if barca came for Bernardo however .
Ok, replace the word lowballing with one that you fancy. It doesn’t really matter.

Nothing like SWP leaving. He was desperate to stay and didn't want to leave. The club told him he had to leave as we couldn't refuse the £20M offer or else we would of gone under.

When he was told this at a friendly at Macclesfield and was told he couldn't play he was in tears
I wasn’t saying it was. SWP going did save the club we all know that.
I just think there’s a game being played by both sides.

I’m not one for wanting the club to get rinsed on transfer fees but we should just pay the fucking money on this occasion. He could be our LB for the next 10 years if all goes well.

I really don’t agree walking away is the best idea if we end up with a worse player at LB as a result. Is getting rinsed on one transfer worth not fixing the one weakness in our squad?
I suppose it depends on whether it stays just the one transfer.

I do wonder, though, if because of the extended nature of this particular transfer saga, people have convinced themselves that he is the only fullback in the world that could possibly fill the role we need.

This threads been a great read, peppered in places with rag- like entitlement shrieks and criticisms of our methods of operating.
I don’t believe fans (with notable exceptions) ever know the truth. The too-and fro plays out in the media driven by ’correspondents’ and others who probably guess little more than us average Joe’s.

I support our stance of letting players leave if they ask and a decent offer comes in. If it’s true then telling a player OK then let’s see the offers via your Agent is a really honourable way to employ your stars. It can only help attract the best.

I also respect that it’s another clubs prerogative to name a price on an asset we want and stick to it. I believe we do this ourselves.

I trust our team to make sure that Pep has sufficient tools to try to do the job In hand. This might mean that we have to compromise and move on from first choice.

Who knows what is happening? If Bloom wants to prove he’s the big man all he is doing is pointing to other potential signings and Agents that he’s a dick. He reminds me a bit of Jordan.

I would be more disappointed now if we paid the alleged asking price of £50m (plus perhaps). We obviously have the cash but the player is simply not worth that sum.

I'll believe this is over when the City journalists report it.

At the moment it feels like when we signed Sterling, there was complete radio silence from City, knowing the deal was close/done and we were happy for them to play out their own media narrative.

If there are reports he's not turned up to training then it'll be done next week.

Which is the point. If we believed Barca were lowballing us, we’d shut down negotiations too.

Agreed, and the player's stance might just affect both clubs to budge enough, which was, I think, what that post suggested.

If it doesn't, everyone will move on.

Apart from Cucurella perhaps.

Agreed, and the player's stance might just affect both clubs to budge enough, which was, I think, what that post suggested.

If it doesn't, everyone will move on.

Apart from Cucurella perhaps.
It’s the same with every transfer.

Maybe this has come out this morning so that Cucurella can play without a circus this afternoon in their friendly.

Maybe it’s Bloom reiterating his strong negotiating point.

Maybe Bloom has got tired of negotiations and shit the door. I doubt it though as he will know £45m for a full back is about as much as most clubs will get post Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.