Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it depends on whether it stays just the one transfer.

I do wonder, though, if because of the extended nature of this particular transfer saga, people have convinced themselves that he is the only fullback in the world that could possibly fill the role we need.

I’ve seen every one we have been linked with. Unless City pull a rabbit out of the hat with a surprise signing it would mean we end up with one that is alright going forward but dodgy defensively. And if we are going to end up with that we should have just kept Zinchenko.

Dunno if this has already been posted, but @projectriver tweeted it and thought it worth sharing. From an article about transfers generally, rather than this one specifically. Not completely implausible that he submitted the transfer request with Brighton’s tacit consent though.

FY1C-niXwAIliT2

Fair enough, but that would signal that the selling club firmly supposes that a deal is going to get done.
Hey, who knows, City might still pay the £50 million (if it is £50 million). And Bloom may be pretty sure of it. I've said from the start that I don't think it's mad money. But I can understand why Txiki and the board wouldn't want to pay it.

I’m waiting to see what Romano has to say. He’s clearly been talking to Cucurella’s agent.

It’s the same with every transfer.

Maybe this has come out this morning so that Cucurella can play without a circus this afternoon in their friendly.

Maybe it’s Bloom reiterating his strong negotiating point.

Maybe Bloom has got tired of negotiations and shit the door. I doubt it though as he will know £45m for a full back is about as much as most clubs will get post Covid.
Dirty protest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.