Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre by City.

We've paid 50m for fullbacks in the past. Last season we paid the release clause of 100m. We've raised a record amount from sales but now penny pinching on this one.

I know some on here will still be saying there is a chance but that's what many were saying last summer with Kane.

I really hope we go for another LB and won't be stubborn enough to go into the season with just two fullbacks.

The club keep expecting Pep to work miracles. Thankfully so far he has.

So those extra 10m is worth it when City go into a season with two fullbacks? Seems a bit odd.
It’s about not being seen to pay what someone commands if we think they’re not worth that fee. Otherwise you get into a pickle the Kellogg’s lot are in, where everyone knows they will pay what they ask, because they’re a bunch of mugs.

We aren’t.

I’m not one for wanting the club to get rinsed on transfer fees but we should just pay the fucking money on this occasion. He could be our LB for the next 10 years if all goes well.

I really don’t agree walking away is the best idea if we end up with a worse player at LB as a result. Is not getting rinsed on one transfer worth not fixing the one weakness in our squad?

Don't really have a problem with Brighton's stance to be honest.

We paid 100m for Grealish and 42m for Phillips so you can hardly blame them for holding out for 50m. Whether he's actually worth that is subjective but I'm not surprised if they thought we'd meet their valuation eventually based on some of the fees we've paid recently. If we're not going to pay it then it's time to move on to the alternatives.

It’s about not being seen to pay what someone commands if we think they’re not worth that fee. Otherwise you get into a pickle the Kellogg’s lot are in, where everyone knows they will pay what they ask, because they’re a bunch of mugs.

We aren’t.
Paid 100m for Grealish tho, so that status is always gonna be there.

Which is the point. If we believed Barca were lowballing us, we’d shut down negotiations too.
I dont think it's about lowballing to be honest. I feel Brighton feel cucurella is absolutely significant to their season and they have no replacement ready.
They don't want to let him go under any circumstances

We will do exactly the same if barca came for Bernardo . However, as a club we don't keep unhappy players , so if Bernardo is really pushing we will probably accept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.