Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bit that confuses me in our dealings with this transfer is ever thinking in the first place that circa £30mil was going to do it for Brighton. I said weeks ago that if they had paid £5mil for him 12 months ago then maybe that’d have worked, but ffs they paid £15mil so it was always going to be in the 40’s before we got anywhere close.

If we weren’t prepared to go to that then we shouldn’t have targeted him in the first place.

He will probably say Cucurella feels "disrespected" and "red with anger"

Ready to go on strike.

surely we knew what the price was likely going to be though? Or is the optics if/when we pay the money of a kind of David & Goliath story where the small guy stood up to the big nasty guy and won?

The bit that confuses me in our dealings with this transfer is ever thinking in the first place that circa £30mil was going to do it for Brighton. I said weeks ago that if they had paid £5mil for him 12 months ago then maybe that’d have worked, but ffs they paid £15mil so it was always going to be in the 40’s before we got anywhere close.

If we weren’t prepared to go to that then we shouldn’t have targeted him in the first place.
Sometimes you got to try. Like barca are trying for Bernardo. Like Chelsea tried for ake

People forget we refused to entertain Spurs' valuation of Kane.

Kinda worked out well?
It did but it also could be argued it caught up with us in the fa cup, league cup and champions league. Nearly cost us the league too.

No matter what people say going into next season with 2 senior full backs would be absolutely ludicrous. The club are no doubt run well but doesn’t mean they don’t make mistakes. See when we didn’t replace kompany.

We have handled this transfer badly imo , we thought we could throw our weight around bully Brighton and apply pressure from the player. Fair play to Brighton standing firm. It’s very similar to what Barcelona are doing with us to Bernardo tbh

Serious Question To City fans...Do u believe Romano to be on your payroll as well as other big European clubs?...all the time he was being fed positive information from agent he couldn't wait to tweet, now...diddly squat...not really unbiased journalism is it?

Based on the reactions on City Twitter and here, I reckon we may need to organise a suicide watch for next week (or at least an expanded security detail for Txiki).

i-cannot-go-on-like-this-cant-continue.gif

I mean it is though if you think about it.
There's a release clause which is a set price and negotiation where two parties have a valuation and negotiate it's totally different!
I'm obviously a bit simple could you explain it to me like I'm five how it's the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.