Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild theory: we’ve agreed the deal in principle with Brighton and this AndyBlowHardFC is being used to create the narrative that Bloom is Daniel Levy with a soul, Cucurella desperately wanted to leave, and City eventually caved, allowing everyone to get what they want (as Txiki doesn’t care about the narrative).

Serious Question To City fans...Do u believe Romano to be on your payroll as well as other big European clubs?...all the time he was being fed positive information from agent he couldn't wait to tweet, now...diddly squat...not really unbiased journalism is it?
Don't give a fuck about Romano. But use your noodle. This is coming from the club, not the agent.

You do it to turn the player’s head, hoping they then go and say to the gaffer that I want to go there, which funnily enough will be exactly what has happened in all of these scenarios. That said, still pointless if club isn’t prepared to go to what is going to get the deal done.
Lot of times deal doesn't get done but clubs have to try. To me it would be concerning if we don't have backup plans. I believe we will probably sign Sosa or grimaldo.

Signing Cucurella for 50m is not going to do that, signing Grealish for 100m though...

If we started Cucurella negotation from 40M, Brighton wanted 50m+ and in the end we compromiosed something like 45m+5m everyone would've forgotten this transfer fee in a week.
No idea why people keep using the Grealish deal as an example. It was a release clause not a negotiation. Take it or leave it, we chose to take it. If Cucurella had a £50m release clause I bet he'd have been a City player weeks ago. The club's stance here has been to attempt to demonstrate we won't be turned over in negotiations.

If Brighton were initially pricing Cucurella at £50m, it doesn't seem unreasonable to open on our side at £30m with an expectation to meet in the middle at ~£40m. That's a fair (if slightly inflated) price for a player with Cucurella's profile. (I also get the vibe City were reluctant to offer the full £50m in negotiations as there was an expectation Bloom would just move the goalposts again and increase the price further.) Bloom has just decided to play Billy Big Bollocks to look good in front of Brighton fans. He clearly doesn't give a shit about his player (in stark contrast to how we treat our players). It's not like City were trying to get Brighton to sell him for a bag of Maltesers and a Kitkat. If I were ever a player with options and Brighton were amongst them, I'd have them at the bottom of my list after this little display.

This also makes me wonder how much influence Potter has at Brighton. I'm guessing very little as he doesn't seem the type to want to hold a player hostage. Hopefully he moves on to bigger and better things soon.

It did but it also could be argued it caught up with us in the fa cup, league cup and champions league. Nearly cost us the league too.

No matter what people say going into next season with 2 senior full backs would be absolutely ludicrous. The club are no doubt run well but doesn’t mean they don’t make mistakes. See when we didn’t replace kompany.

We have handled this transfer badly imo , we thought we could throw our weight around bully Brighton and apply pressure from the player. Fair play to Brighton standing firm. It’s very similar to what Barcelona are doing with us to Bernardo tbh

If we thought we could throw our weight around, we would have asked more for Zinchenko.

How many players put in transfer requests away from City, even when we know they wish to move on?

The truth is much more simple, we are decent people and other clubs see City as an easy touch.

We are no longer that club, we have our valuation and don't need to pull our pants down for anyone.

Last season we did win the league and losing in Cup semis wasn't down to a lack of depth, squarely down to injuries at the wrong time and the moments where a top opponent can kill you in the blink of an eye.

City will not let this window close without buying another left back and the only loser in this would be Cucurella.

Kompany shocked City by leaving, we expected him to go another year and the timing of it killed our due diligence on a top quality replacement for such a pivotal player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.