Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ot trying to start a grealish debate, who I do think will come good eventually, but it is odd that we seemed so nonchalant about dropping 100 million quid on him but we are bewildered by a 50m price tag on Brighton's player of the season and refusing to meet them.

Think we can all accept grealish was never worth the 100 mil clause, but I'm ok with the club paying over the odds to get the right player in no fuss. I feel like we have more of a need for cucurella this season than we needed grealish last. Its the rod the club made for its own back paying the grealish clause. Just pay the 50.
We paid what we thought Grealish was worth. If we get Cucarella it will be for a price that we think he's worth, not necessarily the price that Tony Bloom would like us to pay.

I would rather finally nail down what has been a problem position for almost a decade tbh rather than scrimp to fund a gamble next summer

agreed, our 3 main targets this summer were Haaland, Phillips & Cucurella, 2 done and with the amount of sales we have done this summer (which has been incredible in fairness) then we should have secured Cucurella asap as well.

Ffs some here need to get a grip.
He’s not the only LB in the world!
Pretty sure we will sign one for the right money in this window.
Our exec know their business.
You just have to look at our track record of buying players and they v rarely get it wrong.
Personally I am v relieved we are not falling for the getting ripped off option and £50m is unjustified given the lad’s v limited experience at top level.
We just need to be patient.

Stump up the extra 10-15m City ffs. We must be awash with cash after this summers dealings, so why we're fucking about with this deal heaven only knows.
I firmly believe this deal will be eventually done & that Cucurella has been given assurances by City otherwise i doubt he would have put in a transfer request.

Paying the 50m maybe what's required in the end but Txiki & Bloom are both playing the hard game atm.

We paid what we thought Grealish was worth. If we get Cucarella it will be for a price that we think he's worth, not necessarily the price that Tony Bloom would like us to pay.
Disagree, we paid Grealish release clause because we wanted him and Villa wouldn’t accept any less. We may feel we can still negotiate here or if it’s become too much just walk away. It’s like me walking in a shop and thinking a thousand pound telly is worth 500 quid. We obviously have our own valuation of him but the only thing that matters is the sellers valuation

Disagree, we paid Grealish release clause because we wanted him and Villa wouldn’t accept any less. We may feel we can still negotiate here or if it’s become too much just walk away. It’s like me walking in a shop and thinking a thousand pound telly is worth 500 quid. We obviously have our own valuation of him but the only thing that matters is the sellers valuation
Well we obviously thought paying that for Grealish was better than any alternative. It seems we feel there are better alternatives than payoing over £50mill for Cucerella.So if we get Cucerella it will only be for a price we value him at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.