March for the Alternative-26th March

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
All the very best to those demonstrating.
And if you find any coppers with a dodgy ticker,please sneak up on them from behind with a loudhailer and shout 'BOO'!!! from me.

Yeah, especially if they've got a wife and kids at home waiting for them to return safely.

I don't like the police,as they are nothing but corrupt, uniformed thugs.
Clearly you do.
Each to their own.

Yeah, especially if they've got a wife and kids at home waiting for them to return safely.

Clearly you do.
Each to their own.

I don't entertain such simplistic notions as 'liking' and 'disliking' a whole group of people who happen to belong to or be attached to any large organisation.

I have come to realise that there are good and bad people in all walks of life. Maybe you will come to realise this universal truth one day.

I do believe in the rule of law, however. Sorry if that's makes me a crypto-fascist.

Nobody called you a crypto-fascist as far as I am aware,but feel free to patronise me and revel in your victimhood status if it makes you happy.
As to your 'rule of law' nonsense,did that apply to the copper who baton-charged an innocent newsagent who wasn't even part of the G8 protest to death on video,who was not even charged,and has since been promoted?
The same scumbag who's colleagues had their number badges illegally taped over?
The day your wonderful 'rule of law' applies equally to those who are supposed to uphold it is the day I may consider respecting the police.

Clearly you do.
Each to their own.

I don't entertain such simplistic notions as 'liking' and 'disliking' a whole group of people who happen to belong to or be attached to any large organisation.

So to dislike members of large organisations such as Hitler's SS,or Torquemada's Inquisition, or Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge,or the Ku Klux Klan is a 'simplistic notion'?
I'm glad i'm simplistic then.

Nobody called you a crypto-fascist as far as I am aware,but feel free to patronise me and revel in your victimhood status if it makes you happy.
As to your 'rule of law' nonsense,did that apply to the copper who baton-charged an innocent newsagent who wasn't even part af the G8 protest to death on video,who was not even charged,and has since been promoted?
The day your wonderful 'rule of law' applies equally to those who are supposed to uphold it is the day I may consider respecting the police.

No it did not. As I have already said there are good and bad people in all walks of life and in my opinion, based on what I know, this guy is a rotten apple.

It is lamentably predicatable that you think the rule of law is nonsense. Perhaps you could point me to a well ordered and fully functioning society that shares your opinion.

As to me patronising you, it was you that made the absurd jump from my comments in response to your idiotic post about giving a Policeman a heart attack, to me 'liking the police' which was clearly meant in a pejorative sense.

But don't worry, I wasn't really worried about being thought of as a crypto-fascist but thanks for your concern. I suspect I'm probably a little too sarcastic for your tastes.

I do think you're a bright and decent poster, however.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 pm --

So to dislike members of large organisations such as Hitler's SS,or Torquemada's Inquisition, or Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge,or the Ku Klux Klan is a 'simplistic notion'?

Do I think all people in the SS were bad?
No, of course not. To suggest otherwise would be absurd.

Human beings are far too complex to pigeon-hole people like that.

As to your 'rule of law' nonsense,did that apply to the copper who baton-charged an innocent newsagent who wasn't even part af the G8 protest to death on video,who was not even charged,and has since been promoted?

No it did not. As I have already said there are good and bad people in all walks of life and in my opinion, based on what I know, this guy is a rotten apple.

It is lamentably predicatable that you think the rule of law is nonsense. Perhaps you could point me to a well ordered and fully functioning society that shares your opinion.

As to me patronising you, it was you that made the absurd jump from my comments in response to your idiotic post about giving a Policeman a heart attack, to me 'liking the police' which was clearly meant in a pejorative sense.

But don't worry, I wasn't really worried about being thought of as a crypto-fascist but thanks for your concern. I suspect I'm probably a little too sarcastic for your tastes.

I do think you're a bright and decent poster, however.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 pm --

Do I think all people in the SS were bad?
No, of course not. To suggest otherwise would be absurd.

Human beings are far too complex to pigeon-hole people like that.

You miss my point,either by accident or intent.
And that point is that any rule of law is redundant if it does not apply equally to all.
I was not suggesting a society without rules - just that those rules amount to a level playing field and,in my opinion,the police are singularly above the law of the land,which renders such rules arbitrary and therefore indefensible.
As to sarcasm,perhaps you took my throwaway comment about a plod with a heart condition a tad too literally,so maybe you are possibly not the best placed forumite to assume the 'sarcasm' high ground.
Although if a demonstrator did do as I suggested,he would probably be on a manslaughter charge,unlike a member of the Met who should have been.
I concur that human beings are indeed multi-faceted and complex,but would suggest that joining such large organisations as I referred to in a purely voluntary capacity would raise doubts as to their inherent goodness.
I too enjoy our sparring and respect you as a good poster...

...(even when you are wrong..!!!:)

Well done to all those that have made it down to the march . I was working at a cops house last week who is helping to organise this march with his union reps,he is marching with you,not against you. The boys in blue on on our side this time . Wish I could afford to be there , only had four days work in a fortnight , such is life.

Just back from the rally in Belfast attended by quite a few thousand, and it was announced that officailly over 400,000 were attending the rally in Hyde park.
Well done to all that attended (apart from those that stole the limelight by causing trouble)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.