March for the Alternative-26th March

To be fair to all

Everyone has a right to protest in a peaceful manor, but just because a march is attended by many does not mean you have the public's support, most people will not see the the results of the cuts, your average working man, has his tax taken and his bins emptied once a week, perhaps the odd visit to the GP or hospital and that is the sum total of the majority of people, yet they are being asked to pay for more?

The real problem here is that Labour in an unsustainable attempt to cut unemployment especially in it's heartlands expanded the public services so they became little more than job creation, the key word is unsustainable, you can not run an economy that way. We can blame the banks (and they certainley have some culpability in this) but the fact is we need them as much as they need us

I do beleive that in the North in particular we have a problem, but you won't solve it by expanding the Public Sector and then expecting the rest of the country to pay! What we need is to make the place cheaper and less rule bound in order to attract buisiness back here

The marchers are just selfish people who can't face the fact that their gravy train has well and truly hit the buffers.

The turnout is nothing remarkable. The public sector employs about 6 million people, so a turnout of 200,000 represents about 3% of the workforce.

That's about as impressive as 16 people attending a protest march about job cuts at a factory employing 500 people.

Ducado said:
To be fair to all

Everyone has a right to protest in a peaceful manor, but just because a march is attended by many does not mean you have the public's support, most people will not see the the results of the cuts,

This is were we disagree, these cuts will affect EVERYONE in society (expect the wealtiest 1% or so). Whether it is through less money being spent on roads, classroom assistants, nurses, doctors etc losing their jobs, building contracts not being issued, less money being spent on the high street leading to more shops being closed, the housing market being in danger of collapse as people cant afford the risk of taking a mortgage out when they have no job security.
Whether you work in the public sector or the private sector, the services we require are under attack while £123 BILLION or taxation is evaded or avoided ANNUALLY.
A fairer taxation would mean that there was no need for ANY cuts, and certainly not as deep or as fast.

law74 said:
Ducado said:
To be fair to all

Everyone has a right to protest in a peaceful manor, but just because a march is attended by many does not mean you have the public's support, most people will not see the the results of the cuts,

This is were we disagree, these cuts will affect EVERYONE in society (expect the wealtiest 1% or so). Whether it is through less money being spent on roads, classroom assistants, nurses, doctors etc losing their jobs, building contracts not being issued, less money being spent on the high street leading to more shops being closed, the housing market being in danger of collapse as people cant afford the risk of taking a mortgage out when they have no job security.
Whether you work in the public sector or the private sector, the services we require are under attack while £123 BILLION or taxation is evaded or avoided ANNUALLY.
A fairer taxation would mean that there was no need for ANY cuts, and certainly not as deep or as fast.

Believe me in a years time people will say "Cuts What Cuts"?

The truth be told (and I don't blame them) is that most of the protesters really only care about their own jobs. I have seen it all before you won't convince me

Unfortunately protesting like this will lead to nothing. The government will find it all quite amusing, and then just carry on with their plans... total waste of time.

blumoonrises said:
Unfortunately protesting like this will lead to nothing. The government will find it all quite amusing, and then just carry on with their plans... total waste of time.

The tory's would like to continue with their idealogical agenda, however the Lib-Dems are going to have to think long and hard about what they stand for and are they going to continue to be Tory lap dogs, if they grow some guts and stand up for what they have said they believe in, then the coalition will fall apart.
There is a better fairer way, and that is what the TUC are trying to highlight, sadly the anarchists in society are trying to steal the headlines.

law74 said:
blumoonrises said:

The tory's would like to continue with their idealogical agenda, however the Lib-Dems are going to have to think long and hard about what they stand for and are they going to continue to be Tory lap dogs, if they grow some guts and stand up for what they have said they believe in, then the coalition will fall apart.
There is a better fairer way, and that is what the TUC are trying to highlight, sadly the anarchists in society are trying to steal the headlines.

Yes, I'm aware of the cause... I'm just saying a carnival full of smiling banner waving folk is not going to have any affect at all.

urmston said:
The marchers are just selfish people who can't face the fact that their gravy train has well and truly hit the buffers.

The turnout is nothing remarkable. The public sector employs about 6 million people, so a turnout of 200,000 represents about 3% of the workforce.

That's about as impressive as 16 people attending a protest march about job cuts at a factory employing 500 people.
deary me where do they come from

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
No it did not. As I have already said there are good and bad people in all walks of life and in my opinion, based on what I know, this guy is a rotten apple.

It is lamentably predicatable that you think the rule of law is nonsense. Perhaps you could point me to a well ordered and fully functioning society that shares your opinion.

As to me patronising you, it was you that made the absurd jump from my comments in response to your idiotic post about giving a Policeman a heart attack, to me 'liking the police' which was clearly meant in a pejorative sense.

But don't worry, I wasn't really worried about being thought of as a crypto-fascist but thanks for your concern. I suspect I'm probably a little too sarcastic for your tastes.

I do think you're a bright and decent poster, however.

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 pm --

Do I think all people in the SS were bad?
No, of course not. To suggest otherwise would be absurd.

Human beings are far too complex to pigeon-hole people like that.

You miss my point,either by accident or intent.
And that point is that any rule of law is redundant if it does not apply equally to all.
I was not suggesting a society without rules - just that those rules amount to a level playing field and,in my opinion,the police are singularly above the law of the land,which renders such rules arbitrary and therefore indefensible.
As to sarcasm,perhaps you took my throwaway comment about a plod with a heart condition a tad too literally,so maybe you are possibly not the best placed forumite to assume the 'sarcasm' high ground.
Although if a demonstrator did do as I suggested,he would probably be on a manslaughter charge,unlike a member of the Met who should have been.
I concur that human beings are indeed multi-faceted and complex,but would suggest that joining such large organisations as I referred to in a purely voluntary capacity would raise doubts as to their inherent goodness.
I too enjoy our sparring and respect you as a good poster...

...(even when you are wrong..!!!:)

I happen to believe that within certain inevitable tolerance levels everyone in this county is broadly equal in the eyes of the law, at least as much as is humanly possible. There is, quite rightly, a high burden of proof in any criminal proceedings and members of the constabulary are no different in that regard. I realise that this may leave me open to accusations of naivety but there you go.

In terms of my sarcasm spiel what you said is fair comment, although I your original words on giving the policemen a heart attack put me more in mind of 'Jackass' than 'Seinfeld', but as you say each to their own...

I agree that anyone who joins organisations such as the SS should have doubts raised about them as people but, as you say, that is not always the end of the story.

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Blue Smarties said:
Can all those going please check out Sukey (<a class="postlink" href="http://sukey.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sukey.org/</a>) a great idea.

All those going, stay safe. All those wishing us luck and safety, cheers. All those sitting at home wanting to see the police kick some heads in, get fucked.

#solidarity

And that's it, BS is off! Cheerio!
Come on the Met

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:59 pm --

ernesto said:
urmston said:

deary me where do they come from
What's not true that he writes there? The maths? Or the fact that it doesn't agree with your view?

Ducado is spot on in what he says. The march is about people caring only about their own jobs and blue smarties caring about tuition fees as he feels it is fair for a bin man to pay for a trainee solicitor to go to uni.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.