Marco Reus

Dax777 said:
Maldeika said:
.A. said:
Reus is world-class and would be a huge asset to us. Got a feeling Klopp will replace Guardiola at Bayern this summer (despite Dortmund's bizarre form this season) and take him with him though

This is so ridiculous I cannot even laugh...

Reus is very good in a counter attacking system. Is he world-class? His numbers are very good - but I have not seen him performing well in any final I have seen with him.

Klopp and Bayern - before that even Lothar Matthäus would get a coaching job at Bayern...

And no - Reus will not transfer to Bayern. There are many reasons for that.
This is my view of Reus. I see him exactly the way I saw Cavani in the year when he was the hottest thing aroound. A great player in a particular system, who wouldn't be as great in a different one. I really hope Reus goes to Madrid and we get Bale. But in reality I think it is Benzema who is going to get the bounce if Reus ends up there.

I still am not hyped about getting him. He is a very good player with fantastic numbers. But his technical skills are not as sharp as say a Modric, nor does he have top end speed. He is to me a more effective Jovetic. That will improve any team I reckon, but he is not the skilled, speedster lots of City fans either think or are making him out to be.

Reus will rock in our team. We need a direct left option who scares the shit out of defenders and can pop in a few goals, and Reus is that guy. Counter attacking may be his best system, but he ain't exactly going to be Scott Sinclair. In fact, I reckon he'll be a world class alongside Sergio and Dave.

Azul Luna said:
Dax777 said:
Maldeika said:

Reus is very good in a counter attacking system. Is he world-class? His numbers are very good - but I have not seen him performing well in any final I have seen with him.

Klopp and Bayern - before that even Lothar Matthäus would get a coaching job at Bayern...

This is my view of Reus. I see him exactly the way I saw Cavani in the year when he was the hottest thing aroound. A great player in a particular system, who wouldn't be as great in a different one. I really hope Reus goes to Madrid and we get Bale. But in reality I think it is Benzema who is going to get the bounce if Reus ends up there.

I still am not hyped about getting him. He is a very good player with fantastic numbers. But his technical skills are not as sharp as say a Modric, nor does he have top end speed. He is to me a more effective Jovetic. That will improve any team I reckon, but he is not the skilled, speedster lots of City fans either think or are making him out to be.

Reus will rock in our team. We need a direct left option who scares the shit out of defenders and can pop in a few goals, and Reus is that guy. Counter attacking may be his best system, but he ain't exactly going to be Scott Sinclair. In fact, I reckon he'll be a world class alongside Sergio and Dave.
I disagree. I don't know where this impression has come from? We all know It is mad easy to make an average player look great on Youtube. You can splice together all his mazy runs at defenders, all his tricks, and him blowiign by defenders. But its hard to do this with Reus, coz he simply isn't that type of Player. He really plays a lot like Jovetic. Its his movement, finding holes to pop into and making quick decisions on the ball that makes him good. Not his dribbling or blowing past defenders. He beats his defenders kind of like Jovetic, takes angles, adjusted movements, and the like. He has a great brain and an eye for goal. He also takes freekicks, so his assist numbers ar generally padded by that. But by and by, he is not the Sanchez, Hazard,, or Ben Arfa type.

Where that impression comes from, beats me. Even a highlight real on youtube wouldn't show you that. Then when you watch him, well you dont see the blow by defenders on the wing skill that most here believe he has. :?

Dax777 said:
Azul Luna said:
Dax777 said:

I disagree. I don't know where this impression has come from? We all know It is mad easy to make an average player look great on Youtube. You can splice together all his mazy runs at defenders, all his tricks, and him blowiign by defenders. But its hard to do this with Reus, coz he simply isn't that type of Player. He really plays a lot like Jovetic. Its his movement, finding holes to pop into and making quick decisions on the ball that makes him good. Not his dribbling or blowing past defenders. He beats his defenders kind of like Jovetic, takes angles, adjusted movements, and the like. He has a great brain and an eye for goal. He also takes freekicks, so his assist numbers ar generally padded by that. But by and by, he is not the Sanchez, Hazard,, or Ben Arfa type.

Where that impression comes from, beats me. Even a highlight real on youtube wouldn't show you that. Then when you watch him, well you dont see the blow by defenders on the wing skill that most here believe he has. :?

After missing out on Sanchez, Hazard and Di Maria, who should we go for ?

Azul Luna said:
Dax777 said:
Maldeika said:

Fucking hell, that's not a phrase to be used in discussion about soccer........

Dax777 said:
Azul Luna said:
Dax777 said:

My opinion is not based on YouTube complimations.

Whilst i agree with your comments on Reus with his style of play likend to that of Jovetic, albeit at a higher level. However, he does make runs at defenders often and linked up superbly with Lewandowski and Gotze, which you could say isn't too far away from Kun and Dave. If you watch Reus, you will see that he picks the ball up, and takes players on, cuts inside and causes danger. Despite this being in a conter attacking system, given he picks up the ball on the edge of a packed defence, he could make something happen, he's that kind of class.

malg said:
Azul Luna said:
Dax777 said:

Fucking hell, that's not a phrase to be used in discussion about soccer........

Rock meaning good, be a revelation.

Very clever, but i assure you i am Mancunian born and bred.

Lets face it we will only know if he will fit into our team well if he is in our team, the fact that he has been a standout player in both gladbach and Dortmund suggest's he's not just a one trick pony. I personally beleive in his ability not just to be a paced winger but to be a kind of Nasri like player who will be able to retain possession and keep play moving, dribble past players and beat them with his intelligence with through balls and chip in with the 15-20 goals from an attacking midfielder were lacking at the moment and also be able to take a decent set piece. The one other thing people seem to miss when they see that were not an attacking styled team is that doesn't mean that sometimes counter attacking opportunities don't come up and let's face it this season alone Navas has missed prob between 5 and 10 counter attacking chances.

Jesus christ some people are clueless reus is absolute world class and will improve any teams 11

Have watched Reus several times this season and must admit that I have not been blown away with his performances. Whilst I appreciate that he has come back from injury and that he is currently playing for a Dortmund team that is surprisingly poor and lacking in confidence he has not excelled to the point where you think he is our missing piece to the jigsaw. On one hand you feel this is because Reus is playing in a poor team at the moment but on the other hand you think of the old adage that a top class player can shine in any team, good or bad.
Do not get me wrong I have been impressed with Reus in previous seasons but off current performances I have more questions than answers.
Whilst I still think we need a quality deep lying playmaker to eventually replace Yaya my list of incoming attacking players, based on this seasons performances, would be Koke, De bruyne and Lacazette. This gives us class, fast, young and hard working players to compliment our system.

bulldogblue said:
Have watched Reus several times this season and must admit that I have not been blown away with his performances. Whilst I appreciate that he has come back from injury and that he is currently playing for a Dortmund team that is surprisingly poor and lacking in confidence he has not excelled to the point where you think he is our missing piece to the jigsaw. On one hand you feel this is because Reus is playing in a poor team at the moment but on the other hand you think of the old adage that a top class player can shine in any team, good or bad.
Do not get me wrong I have been impressed with Reus in previous seasons but off current performances I have more questions than answers.
Whilst I still think we need a quality deep lying playmaker to eventually replace Yaya my list of incoming attacking players, based on this seasons performances, would be Koke, De bruyne and Lacazette. This gives us class, fast, young and hard working players to compliment our system.

neither Koke nor De Bryune are what you would call fast.

Lacazette is suited as a striker. I don't think he has the play making or dribbling skills to be a success out wide

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.