Marcos Lopes

I'm starting to really regret this loan move to Lille, it's forcing me to watch some of the worst, most negative football I've seen in a while. I was excited about him playing for them, but my god they play some awful stuff. On the plus side, it must surely only be a matter of time before he's the main man in this team, as no one else creates anything at all. When he's on the bench, they never even launch attacks.

Also, Liverpool are complete mugs for spending £10m+ on Origi, he doesn't seem to have any positive attributes.

Edit And after a first half where Lille's only "chance" was a defender heading it comfortably back into his own goalkeepers arms, on comes Lopes for the second half.

And within 5 minutes of him coming on Lille have scored twice! Rony getting the second with an excellently taken control and finish!

BigOscar said:
And within 5 minutes of him coming on Lille have scored twice! Rony getting the second with an excellently taken control and finish!

excellent!

Lopes outshining Origi right now, Origi was really sold because of a decent WC on a cheap background.

Controlled the ball very well at pace and finished with coolness. Well done Rony! ( the replay is on CityWatch twitter - thanks LoveCity).

Watched most of the second half since Lopes wasn't starting didn't bother to watch the 1st.

Lopes is pretty much there only creative Midfielder. Marvin is crap and most of the Lille fans on their forums question his selection.

Positives from this game:
*Made a through ball to Gueye where he, looked left and pass to the right, gave Gueye a simple 1-v-1 with the GK which he failed to convert.

*FK from 10 yards outside the box, ball was place into a dangerous spot. I 1st I thought it was a shot but replay shows that Kjaer(?) could have tap it in but missed it by a feet or two.

*Vision is excellent and has the passing tool to make the pass.

*Should get loaned to a better club next season.

Negative, not just from this game:
*Not sure what he defensive responsibilities are, I know he is a no10 so not much is expected/demanded, but he rarely tracks back when they lose the ball. Need to improve on that along with his press without fouling a player.

*Notice too often that he would just sit between the CB/DM.

*Needs to drop deep to receives/demand the ball since none of the Lille players (outside of Origi) can make a decent pass let allow a create a chance for him.

*Needs to bulk/get stronger, didn't see it in this game much but too often he would get push off the ball or goes to ground too easily.

Outstanding performance, completely changed the emphasis of the team. Got more and more involved as the game went on and was really dictating the game by the end, picking it up deep, running at the defence, slipping through balls through and looking to shoot. By the end of the game it was clear that the other players were looking to give him the ball as much as possible as well, which is an excellent sign. Added real impetus to a team that didn't appear to have any before he came on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.