Marcos Lopes

The potential is there it is down to us to develop him and the player to live up to it.

Gabriel said:
Outside of the top seven sides, there is some absolute dross in the league, and I think he'd learn more from playing and training with Silva, Nasri, Toure etc. than turfing it out with some cloggers every afternoon. What is more, given the improvement in so many players under MP, it would surely make more sense to have them learn from him than be at the whim of the revolving door managers elsewhere.

It depends how much game time he'd get though, what I think he lacked today was urgency in an attacking sense at times which probably only comes with match experience (only being hyper critical mind, he looked really good)<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:30 pm --<br /><br />
blinkblue said:
Start him at the Boleyn.

Agree, has to start there and hopefully can get at least 30 minutes against Blackburn.

Still not ready for a regular spot in the matchday squad. Got caught on the ball a couple of times and was quite naive when he was doing stepovers going towards the touchline in his own half and was shrugged off the ball. Good energy and acceleration though, suits a pressing game, and his backheel was class. As has already been said, hard for the player to make an impact and hard for us to judge him given the match situation. Hopefully he starts against Blackburn and/or in the second leg of tonight's tie.

FantasyIreland said:
cmdub said:
Januzaj isn't fit to lace Lopes boots. End.

Realistically Janujaz is much further developed and i'd,reluctantly, suggest a bigger talent.

Its only a bit of confidence and a run in the in the first team fants that's keeping his developement subdued. United have no choice but to play the kids due to there lack of fit players and that's the only reason (on a developement) level why he's a bit ahead of Lopez. But I know where your coming from.

FantasyIreland said:
cmdub said:

Realistically Janujaz is much further developed and i'd,reluctantly, suggest a bigger talent.

januzaj is an amazing player for his age, it's rare you get such young players performing so consistently well for such an average team. They usually burn out pretty quick. meh.

Lopes did well in the limited time he had. He will improve with more match time.

Would like to see him start in the 2nd leg to give him experience.

FantasyIreland said:
cmdub said:

Sarcasm is hard to convey online but it doesn't change the fact that I'd like to see him more with the first team when games are clearly already won

As others have said really hoping to see the kid get an extended run against Blackburn or the return leg against West Ham. There's real talent there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.