Marcos Lopes

Ducado said:
I think he may get a full game on Saturday perhaps on the bench for a few prem games? Or is it too early?

I would think yes and yes to all above. Match on Saturday and 15-20 cameos in the league?

acquiesce said:
Ducado said:
I think he may get a full game on Saturday perhaps on the bench for a few prem games? Or is it too early?

I would think yes and yes to all above. Match on Saturday and 15-20 cameos in the league?

I am not sure about that. He looked exhausted in the post match interview and it was his first full 90 minutes. I think Pellers may ease back on the throttle and put him back on the bench on the weekend. Of course he can always come on in the second half.

I just think that backing up so quickly might be a big ask.

Absolutely chuffed for the little guy, another great performance. The willingness to run with the ball in central areas with his head up looking for a pass is really encouraging, there aren't many players about who are capable of doing that. To think he is only just 18 is incredible, he's so far away from the finished article yet already so polished. If he can carry on improving (which seems likely with his attitude) then he could be the jewel in our academy crown and a real asset to the team in a couple of years

BigOscar said:
Absolutely chuffed for the little guy, another great performance. The willingness to run with the ball in central areas with his head up looking for a pass is really encouraging, there aren't many players about who are capable of doing that. To think he is only just 18 is incredible, he's so far away from the finished article yet already so polished. If he can carry on improving (which seems likely with his attitude) then he could be the jewel in our academy crown and a real asset to the team in a couple of years

I enjoyed seeing such levels of confidence. So many youngsters (understandably) want to play conservatively and not do anything wrong when they get their big chance, but Lopes was virtually nerveless last night. I've watched players like Sterling, Jizzjazz and Townsend come through at other clubs with no little envy in the last few years, and it was great to see one of ours with the pace and flair to fit in so seamlessly

Excellent 90 mins last night, it really was and he certainly didnt look out of place.

Loved the fact he likes a tackle or 2 as well.

Im in the, "if you're good enough, you're old enough" camp and this lad is there or there abouts for me.

jollylescott said:
acquiesce said:
Ducado said:

I am not sure about that. He looked exhausted in the post match interview and it was his first full 90 minutes. I think Pellers may ease back on the throttle and put him back on the bench on the weekend. Of course he can always come on in the second half.

as tied as he looked I can't see a problem with him playing again on Saturday. he looks a very fit lad and Tuesday - Saturday in more than enough rest for anyone playing football, never mind a professional!

manillaman said:
jollylescott said:
acquiesce said:

as tied as he looked I can't see a problem with him playing again on Saturday. he looks a very fit lad and Tuesday - Saturday in more than enough rest for anyone playing football, never mind a professional!
He has to start on Saturday. Let's give the lad another 90 mins he deserves it. His work rate was exceptional last night. That's the thing I liked most because he's obviously got skill and dribbling ability.

Pellegrini's phone will be white hot this morning with a hell of a lot of managers, premier league ones as well begging for the lad on loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.