Marcos Lopes

I'm so dissapointed that usually when a young player comes on scores and there is a completely OTT thread on Bluemoon to wax the dolphin too.

But for what its worth I thought he looked a good prospect hopefully we can get some weak opposition in the next round and he'll get another chance to come on score hopefully.

moomba said:
FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:
Was impressed with him in pre season. Doubt he'll get many opportunities this season but one to watch.

What in particular impressed you?

Good close control, and for a kid he wasn't letting himself be pushed off the ball by bigger opponents.

...good work ethic and prepared to stick his foot in and press the opposition.

Be interesting to see if he develops into a Prem footballer.

moomba said:
FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:
Was impressed with him in pre season. Doubt he'll get many opportunities this season but one to watch.

What in particular impressed you?

Good close control, and for a kid he wasn't letting himself be pushed off the ball by bigger opponents.

Cheers,your correct about the control,he has great technique and looks very comfortable with the ball.
I have to disagree about the physicallity,he did ok but i felt being bullied off the ball was a standout weakpoint at the time,saying that,he looks strong,and being in the Aguero mould build wise,i expect he will very quickly develop that side of himself.

One thing is certain,he is as exciting a talent as we have had.

Tevez City said:
Blueband Brother said:
EVERYBODY RELAX!!!

HIS GOAL DOES NOT REALLY INDICATE ANYTHING

HE IS YOUNG, TALENTED ,HIGH RATED AND HAS CONSISTENTLY IMPRESSED IN TRAINING AND DURING THE PRESEASON.

THE FACT THAT HE SCORED TODAY DOES NOT BARE ANY SIGNIFICANCE APART FROM BEING A GREAT MOMENT FOR THE PLAYER PERSONALLY.

Shame we did not see suarez as well.

No one said he will be the next Ronaldo, but we are hoping that he can be as good as Sinclair or AJ.

No good then!

I've been to see him, and the rest of the team, play at Hyde a few times. He's very good. Pozo is good too.

He is indeed a really good prospect but I suspect won't appear much for the first team this season. We have some serious talent at youth level, most of them from abroad at the moment unfortunately (Evans being an exception if he can develop further), and I'm intrigued to see how many can make it as Rekik, Suarez, Guidetti (when fit), and Razak are now very much on the fringe of the first team and involved with the first team squad regularly. Time to get Suarez out on loan I think, he is a year older than Lopes so surely ready for the next step.

Blueband Brother said:
Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Blueband Brother said:
THE FACT THAT HE SCORED TODAY DOES NOT BARE ANY SIGNIFICANCE APART FROM BEING A GREAT MOMENT FOR THE PLAYER PERSONALLY.

Every goal matters, apparently.
Contextualization. The theme of this thread is about hes prospects and talents in light of his participation today and not about the result and scoreline.

Ok sure well in that context he's done himself a lot of good by scoring on his debut today. He will get plenty of mentions in the media where otherwise he would have had very little. Confidence and mental attitude in yourself goes a long way in sporting ability and what better way to improve that than to score a goal on debut and get the plaudits?

Suggesting it bears no significance other than something to phone home and tell his mum about is a load of arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.