Marcos Lopes

Thank you all who saw him play today and also Thank you to all of you who have seen him play in the EDS.
However, I'm staggered as to the amount of experts on here who claim to know him.
Similarly, during the match thread, when there was no video stream available, there were some comments complaining that GMR were going around the grounds and expecting them to complete wall to wall commentary on City.
Anyone from Manchester will know that this has been done for years on end without a complaint.
Welcome to supporting City 80's style and while I appreciate you all following City, life without immediate knowledge can be great!

its unbelievable just how young some of these players are when they make their debuts, i dont no much about this lad other than what i have seen on highlights etc, but to make his debut after literally only just turning 17 he must be highly thought of.

He must be close to being our youngest ever goal scorer surely??

That goal for Lopes today will make him feel brilliant tonight.Great start to his Manchester City career

By playing 16 and 17 year olds against 19 and 20 year olds, we are preparing players like Lopes quicker for the rigors of professional football I believe. That's why our poor U18 and U21 results are not really telling the true story. Results will suffer when you have loads of 16 and 17 year olds up against loads of 19 and 20 year olds, but they are adapting to a challenge beyond their age level, against more developed players. Lopes is 17 and has been prolific in U21 matches, I think he may even be our top scorer or at least one of them.

Ducado said:
I will be honest I had never heard of him, nice to score on his début

Any more info on him?

Plays for the Eds quite regular, try to get to Hyde usually a 7pm kick off on a Thursday evening only £3. I think you will be quite suppressed what other youngster could possibly break through to the first team. Lopez should be quite a talent once he has a bit more experience.

LoveCity said:
By playing 16 and 17 year olds against 19 and 20 year olds, we are preparing players like Lopes quicker for the rigors of professional football I believe. That's why our poor U18 and U21 results are not really telling the true story. Results will suffer when you have loads of 16 and 17 year olds up against loads of 19 and 20 year olds, but they are adapting to a challenge beyond their age level, against more developed players. Lopes is 17 and has been prolific in U21 matches, I think he may even be our top scorer or at least one of them.
He has been 16 all season as well.
Pozo and Ntcham are 16 too, Evans and Bytiqi 17

Seen him a couple of times this year and for me always stands out from the other youngsters.
Reminds me of Overmars

kun said:
alky313 said:
I've seen him play a few for EDS, but what current footballer would you compare him to?
Somewhere between a silva and a hazard

That's more fucking like it, and can I throw Messi in there too for good measure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.