Marcos Lopes

kun said:
alky313 said:
I've seen him play a few for EDS, but what current footballer would you compare him to?
Somewhere between a silva and a hazard

That's more fucking like it, and can I throw Messi in there too for good measure.

Mike D said:
kun said:
alky313 said:
I've seen him play a few for EDS, but what current footballer would you compare him to?
Somewhere between a silva and a hazard

That's more fucking like it, and can I throw Messi in there too for good measure.
To be fair, I did only mean in terms of his style, not ability.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Blueband Brother said:
Every goal matters, apparently.
Contextualization. The theme of this thread is about hes prospects and talents in light of his participation today and not about the result and scoreline.

Ok sure well in that context he's done himself a lot of good by scoring on his debut today. He will get plenty of mentions in the media where otherwise he would have had very little. Confidence and mental attitude in yourself goes a long way in sporting ability and what better way to improve that than to score a goal on debut and get the plaudits?

Suggesting it bears no significance other than something to phone home and tell his mum about is a load of arse.

Yeah, that confidence and mental attitude and attention he could possibly get from this goal can also make him believe that he is better and have developed quicker than he actually has. It may also provide opportunities for complacency and laziness. So it works both ways and i believe it is more likely to materialize in a negetive way if lopes does decide to take this goal as more than it actually is-- The first goal in his career-- nothing more.

So I hope he does call his mum and celebrate with his family and hope they (continue) to drill it into his head that this is the time to actually work even harder and remain more focused because the bottom line is that he still has a long way to go.
The goal is not and cannot be a forecast of his future prospects and capacity as a great footballer, which we all hope he becomes.

Blueband Brother said:
Blueband Brother said:
Contextualization. The theme of this thread is about hes prospects and talents in light of his participation today and not about the result and scoreline.

Ok sure well in that context he's done himself a lot of good by scoring on his debut today. He will get plenty of mentions in the media where otherwise he would have had very little. Confidence and mental attitude in yourself goes a long way in sporting ability and what better way to improve that than to score a goal on debut and get the plaudits?

Suggesting it bears no significance other than something to phone home and tell his mum about is a load of arse.

Yeah, that confidence and mental attitude and attention he could possibly get from this goal can also make him believe that he is better and have developed quicker than he actually has. It may also provide opportunities for complacency and laziness. So it works both ways and i believe it is more likely to materialize in a negetive way if lopes does decide to take this goal as more than it actually is-- The first goal in his career-- nothing more.

So I hope he does call his mum and celebrate with his family and hope they (continue) to drill it into his head that this is the time to actually work even harder and remain more focused because the bottom line is that he still has a long way to go.
The goal is not and cannot be a forecast of his future prospects and capacity as a great footballer, which we all hope he becomes.

Why can't we just enjoy a kid getting a goal on debut. Let the shrinks at the club deal with how he reacts to it.

Messi got his first goal once, it worked out ok for him.

moomba said:
Blueband Brother said:

Why can't we just enjoy a kid getting a goal on debut. Let the shrinks at the club deal with how he reacts to it.

Messi got his first goal once, it worked out ok for him.

Exactly, if you want to celebrate his first goal, do just that but the fact that he scored does not mean that he is the breakthrough talent weve been looking for that will eventually dominate europe. This could certainly happen but it has no association with the fact that he scored today.
Almost every outfield player (dejong being the exception of course- he never actually scored a first goal, it was added to his records in ajax as a christmas present i think) achieves this landmark in their careers but that has no relation to how they will turn out.

.................boy do we miss dejong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.