Marcos Lopes

I was very impressed with the way Marcos took the time to steer the ball away from the Watford goalie.

It's obviously something that is drilled into the lads, but even so, to have the presence of mind to do it in front of more than 46 000 people is very commendable.

Blueband Brother said:
moomba said:
Blueband Brother said:
Yeah, that confidence and mental attitude and attention he could possibly get from this goal can also make him believe that he is better and have developed quicker than he actually has. It may also provide opportunities for complacency and laziness. So it works both ways and i believe it is more likely to materialize in a negetive way if lopes does decide to take this goal as more than it actually is-- The first goal in his career-- nothing more.

So I hope he does call his mum and celebrate with his family and hope they (continue) to drill it into his head that this is the time to actually work even harder and remain more focused because the bottom line is that he still has a long way to go.
The goal is not and cannot be a forecast of his future prospects and capacity as a great footballer, which we all hope he becomes.

Why can't we just enjoy a kid getting a goal on debut. Let the shrinks at the club deal with how he reacts to it.

Messi got his first goal once, it worked out ok for him.

Exactly, if you want to celebrate his first goal, do just that but the fact that he scored does not mean that he is the breakthrough talent weve been looking for that will eventually dominate europe. This could certainly happen but it has no association with the fact that he scored today.
Almost every outfield player (dejong being the exception of course- he never actually scored a first goal, it was added to his records in ajax as a christmas present i think) achieves this landmark in their careers but that has no relation to how they will turn out.

.................boy do we miss dejong.

4464652983_da5c2f0425_z.jpg

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Blueband Brother said:
moomba said:
Why can't we just enjoy a kid getting a goal on debut. Let the shrinks at the club deal with how he reacts to it.

Messi got his first goal once, it worked out ok for him.

Exactly, if you want to celebrate his first goal, do just that but the fact that he scored does not mean that he is the breakthrough talent weve been looking for that will eventually dominate europe. This could certainly happen but it has no association with the fact that he scored today.
Almost every outfield player (dejong being the exception of course- he never actually scored a first goal, it was added to his records in ajax as a christmas present i think) achieves this landmark in their careers but that has no relation to how they will turn out.

Makes no sense to me.

" Relax guys, don't worry about Aguero's absence...I will take care of it "

[bigimg]http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/159003856-manchester-citys-portuguese-striker-marcos-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZX%2bklXlSj%2bV7Ii1L8Cjfy8kMRSkHpytfTEw2pW%2b6QCV8i%2f%2baYvMr6k%2faGpynwHmZA%3d%3d[/bigimg]

Blueband Brother said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Blueband Brother said:

Makes no sense to me.

Well it's poorly diluted piss on some chips!

Tevez City said:
" Relax guys, don't worry about Aguero's absence...I will take care of it "

[bigimg]http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/159003856-manchester-citys-portuguese-striker-marcos-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZX%2bklXlSj%2bV7Ii1L8Cjfy8kMRSkHpytfTEw2pW%2b6QCV8i%2f%2baYvMr6k%2faGpynwHmZA%3d%3d[/bigimg]
He won't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.