Marcos Lopes

The Fat el Hombre said:
BlueindianNewcity said:
Hope he does not become another Sturridge.

What makes you worry he might?

Just cant really understand how he will get more chances next season. Even if one our forwards or wingers are sold, they are likely to be replaced by world class talent. I just hope he gets a good loan deal next year, say wigan, comes back season after and becomes an important part of squad.<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:57 pm --<br /><br />
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
BlueindianNewcity said:

What do you mean?
Not getting enough chances at city, moves to other club and comes back to haunt us in our title race..like what sturridge is doing now.

BlueindianNewcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
BlueindianNewcity said:

Just cant really understand how he will get more chances next season. Even if one our forwards or wingers are sold, they are likely to be replaced by world class talent. I just hope he gets a good loan deal next year, say wigan, comes back season after and becomes an important part of squad.

-- Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:57 pm --

BlueindianNewcity said:

What do you mean?
Not getting enough chances at city, moves to other club and comes back to haunt us in our title race..like what sturridge is doing now.
He's barely turned 18, what's the rush? As long as he's developing and getting better he's got another 3 or 4 years before he needs to start establishing himself in our first team. If he turns out not quite good enough, we'll get some money for him and the next in line will have a chance.

He has so much time, nothing to worry about.

pee dubya said:
BlueindianNewcity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Just cant really understand how he will get more chances next season. Even if one our forwards or wingers are sold, they are likely to be replaced by world class talent. I just hope he gets a good loan deal next year, say wigan, comes back season after and becomes an important part of squad.

What do you mean?
He's barely turned 18, what's the rush? As long as he's developing and getting better he's got another 3 or 4 years before he needs to start establishing himself in our first team. If he turns out not quite good enough, we'll get some money for him and the next in line will have a chance.

I really hope that is the case with him. What worries me is, normally players who are considered to be future stars starts playing alot if not regularly by the time they are 18-19. But at the moment he is not near enough our squad. I think he has that belief, that he is good enough. So he will be expecting playing time in first team soon. And I think we cant think upto 3-4 years, 2 years at the most.

BlueindianNewcity said:
pee dubya said:
BlueindianNewcity said:

I really hope that is the case with him. What worries me is, normally players who are considered to be future stars starts playing alot if not regularly by the time they are 18-19. But at the moment he is not near enough our squad. I think he has that belief, that he is good enough. So he will be expecting playing time in first team soon. And I think we cant think upto 3-4 years, 2 years at the most.
Well the stakes are getting higher and higher, young players will play less of a role at the top clubs until they're truly ready to make an impact. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo are not only from a different generation now, but exceptions even from their time. Even with all our academy investment i'd be extremely surprised if we ever get players at such a young age being regular fixtures in our first team. The development path will be more like, the base education and skills will come from the academy and youth teams, but the experience will be gained at other clubs and in other leagues, then they'll be brought back when the time is right. Because we don't have B teams in this league, players are going to have to spend time away from the club at some point.

I also reckon that players are going to be playing for longer and longer, with medical advancements and the science and professionalism in the modern game, i think players still playing at the top level at 35 will become not uncommon in the near future. Letting young players develop physically before putting too much strain on them is probably a good thing and will help stop storing up trouble for later on.

He'll be in the squad next season, this year is just too early for Pellegrini to start playing young players. We've been learning his system this year and he's been under pressure to get off to a good start, so next season will allow a lot more room for blooding the youth.

Lopes is essentially the poster boy for our academy, the example for others to follow, so I wouldn't worry about him getting gametime, the board will pretty much demand it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.