Marcus Rashford lobbying govt to help vulnerable children

There are some issues we should all be able to agree on, we should be able to find a consensus on the direction of travel, even if we can’t agree on the route we should take.

No child going hungry should be one of them. Unfortunately we’ve got some right wing ghouls in this country who would happily see kids go hungry. These are the sort of ppl who say we should stop foreign aid and look after our own as well.

There are some issues we should all be able to agree on, we should be able to find a consensus on the direction of travel, even if we can’t agree on the route we should take.

No child going hungry should be one of them. Unfortunately we’ve got some right wing ghouls in this country who would happily see kids go hungry. These are the sort of ppl who say we should stop foreign aid and look after our own as well.
Great to see Marcus distributing the contents of Luke Shaw's fridge

I support Rashford in his campaign. Fair play to the lad to try and use his fame to do good things. Fuck MBE shit as that is colonial nonsense. Some non hungry people might take advantage but who cares. They haven't been raping the country like the city of London.

Poverty and the measuring thereof is a complex issue. Sloganising does not help, but both left and right are guilty of it.
An introduction to the subject and what is being done to make matters clearer can be found here.
I urge you all to read it.

It is so typically callous and uncaring of Boris Johnson and his government that they wilfully let children go hungry as we speak. It is no surprise at all.

I totally support Marcus Rashford in this. He is admirable in doing this and keeping this in the spotlight. Total respect.

Not going to be on the shortlist for sports personality of the year apparently. That's a shame as I had a fiver on him winning it at 11/4. Its a public vote so he'd have romped it had he been on the list (let's be honest as a rag he'd have romped a public vote even if he hadn't done anything worthwhile).

What is a shame is that Rashford will have inspired a lot of other footballers and Celebs who have the wealth to make a difference - many won’t come forward or have to act anonymously as otherwise they will be labelled as ‘jumping on the bandwagon’ ‘only doing it for PR’ etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.