Marina (from the GU) lays into our Garry

Oh goody another bandwagon jumping moral word waving journalist...If I were not a living, breathing City fan in this current climate. I would hazard a bet that Marina was a port that Garry once spent the night in and left early due to a storm brewing?

marina hyde's talented.

Calling her a slag? Not great, kind of mysogynist. Criticise the article by all means, but

MANCTRONIX said:
MDLVKM3 said:
marina hyde's talented.

Calling her a slag? Not great, kind of mysogynist. Criticise the article by all means, but

her article was well written &funny.
it's just that she was taking the piss out of US!
personally, i hope the slag's biff explodes.

it wasn't that well written; it was precious and smugly clever-clever. aside from the obvious hypocrisy of lambasting Michael Jordan while giving buy-me-a-jury-Berlusconi a free pass.

ps i agree that calling her a slag should be out of bounds. calling her a brazen, sanctimonious hypocrite, however is merely reporting facts.

But she has no agenda. She tears everyone up. Thats what satirists do.

UNlike the daily mail she has no favourites.

Her satire on Beckham has been worth the guardian subscription for the last few years.

MDLVKM3 said:
marina hyde's talented.

Talented? She's just stirring up shit in that article. Were all a bit touchy at the moment and as far as I'm concerned she just jumping on the 'lets criticise City bandwagon'. For me its poor and a talented journalist would and should be aiming higher than a useless article as the one she's just come up with?

Although I doubt she's a slag though, but if your playing with peoples emmotions what do you expect?

MDLVKM3 said:
marina hyde's talented.

hitler was talented too...he was a cnut

mysoginistic? bollix, these people live and die by their words, if she decides to make up bullshit and write a nasty piece of character assassination based on what can only be described as a deep seated hatred of men and one man in particular, she deserves whats coming to her. Besides, slag is succinct and expedient, I like it.

MDLVKM3 said:
marina hyde's talented.

I agree I went over the top and I apologise, but she'd pissed me off something rotten. I've now changed it to 'twatflap'. I hope that heals any wounds my mysogynistic behaviour may have opened.

As for being talented: Really? I thought things like research and facts were generally highly regarded in the world of journalism. This piece appears to be rather thin on the ground regarding both os those crucial tenets.

MDLVKM3 said:
But she has no agenda. She tears everyone up. Thats what satirists do.

UNlike the daily mail she has no favourites.

Her satire on Beckham has been worth the guardian subscription for the last few years.

Oh dear!!!...

Poor researchers though mate and besides she's payed to have ago at people who don't get the chance to even things up!!
I'm sorry I find it hard to 'big up' someone like that.

Nothing wrong with this article imo. The Telegraph one was childish and petty with a preset agenda.

This one writes about the scorned 13 year old reaction of Cook, first of all saying that "he won't be stooping to Milan's level' and trading criticism's and then going on a huge media tour degrading everyone and anyone involved in the deal in a petty, childish manner. Trying to paint himself as World Businessman of the Year at the same time.

It then contrasts this moral high ground with his previous comments.

Get real, when someone behaves likes this, rather than leave it in a dignified and professional manner, then they are open for ridicule. When they have made comments about Nike and Thaksin previously, then even more so.

Articles like the Telegraph one are bitter, petty and not justified but stamping our feet like 3 year olds about articles like this that merely pick up on these things and ridicule them is rag like behaviour of the highest order.

If Cook had settled for the moral high ground, content in the knowledge that the collapse of the Kaka deal was not City's fault then it would have been perfect. He didn't though, he sought to degrade everyone involved and paint himself and City as saints and businessmen of such knowledge that others can't campete with. That was pathetic and ruined what should have been a great show of business practice by City, regardless of the deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.