Mario Balotelli - genuine question

Re: Mario haters genuine question?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
didactic said:
So everyone moaning about Mario, his attitude he doesnt cut it. He is not good enough, he is a liability blah blah. Would you mind if "the scum"signed him during the summer window? Since he is so shit of course? Or Chelsea maybe? What about the dippers, either one?

SOME are moaning about Mario. The same ones who would moan about not winning the PL by ten points when we'd only won it by nine.

Balotelli is a UNIQUE footballer. He is a UNIQUE specimen of humanity. He is flawed, if you can call some of his characteristics as flaws but he is one player, even beyond Carlos, who could win you a match, a tie, three points, with just one example of the most sublime magic. The question will always be: Do you play someone like this or do you go for a safer option? I have always wanted someone like this at MCFC. I hope that his next attempt at goal doesn't bounce off the post!

Get in, Mario, and the hat is fantastic.

great players hit posts , average players hit goalkeepers ;)

Last night heard the quote from Muhamed Konjic (used to play for Coventry City) on Balo. He said that Balo reminds him of young Henry - who was just the same type of person at that age ! He played with Henry in Monaco for couple of years.

Balo is just unfortunate to be in the spotlights all the time... When he grows up mentally he will unstoppable, just give the boy time.

He was much better last night. He tracked back on occasions, chase the ball and his attitude with the ref seemed massivley better.

In fact, despite some decisions not going for him he just got on with it.
I watched Tevez and off the ball he strolls around in a similar manner but because he scores a lot it takes the spotlight off it.

Mario is utter quality, just needs a run of games.

doomuk said:
I watched Tevez and off the ball he strolls around in a similar manner but because he scores a lot it takes the spotlight off it.
It's rare a player doesn't 90+ minutes is hard on a person if they're running the entire time. That's why shape and positioning are important.

jhg1989 said:
Balo + Jo for Evra - deal!

charlie-murphy-slap-o.gif

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
didactic said:
So everyone moaning about Mario, his attitude he doesnt cut it. He is not good enough, he is a liability blah blah. Would you mind if "the scum"signed him during the summer window? Since he is so shit of course? Or Chelsea maybe? What about the dippers, either one?

SOME are moaning about Mario. The same ones who would moan about not winning the PL by ten points when we'd only won it by nine.

Balotelli is a UNIQUE footballer. He is a UNIQUE specimen of humanity. He is flawed, if you can call some of his characteristics as flaws but he is one player, even beyond Carlos, who could win you a match, a tie, three points, with just one example of the most sublime magic. The question will always be: Do you play someone like this or do you go for a safer option? I have always wanted someone like this at MCFC. I hope that his next attempt at goal doesn't bounce off the post!

Get in, Mario, and the hat is fantastic.

Dead right mate - I love these livewire, maverick type of players - they are unpredictable, volatile, individual, unpredictable, independent-minded, immensely talented and never anything less than fascinating to watch - always capable of producing a moment of sheer, unadulterated, jump-out-of-your-seat brilliance at any moment.

In a world of the media-trained to within an inch of their lives, bland, inoffensive, airbrushed, charisma vacuums that pass for the modern footballer, I love the fact that we have one of the few genuine characters in the game at our Club.

Some will hate him, because he doesn't always do the thing you want him to do at any given time, but that's where the brilliance comes from - the taste for the unexpected.

Dullard commentators can't handle players like that, because they're generally too thick and uninspired to cope with anyone who doesn't conform to the rigid guidelines of how a modern footballer should behave. They don't have any idea how to handle, because he falls outside of their comfort zone.

That's why they lambasted Cantona for all that Seagull crap he came out with - because they'de prefer to hear him saying "Yeah - its like what the Gaffer just said, its a game of two halves - obviously we've just got to keep plugging away, keep giving 110%, and hope that we can turn it round. Whoever scores the most is going to win it, most definitely", or some such instantly forgettable, vacuous nonsense.

My gf generally shows no interest in football whatsoever, but she read that article (I can't recall which paper published it) last weekend about Balo, his upbringing and his life in Manchester with interest, because he's a fascinating character.

Give me Balo over the bland platitudes of someone like SWP or Lampard/Terry/Gerrard any day of the week - I'm actually interested in what he has to say, as he might actually say something worth hearing - a rare occurrence in the modern footballer.

Optimus Prime said:
Dead right mate - I love these livewire, maverick type of players - they are unpredictable, volatile, individual, unpredictable, independent-minded, immensely talented and never anything less than fascinating to watch - always capable of producing a moment of sheer, unadulterated, jump-out-of-your-seat brilliance at any moment.

In a world of the media-trained to within an inch of their lives, bland, inoffensive, airbrushed, charisma vacuums that pass for the modern footballer, I love the fact that we have one of the few genuine characters in the game at our Club.

Some will hate him, because he doesn't always do the thing you want him to do at any given time, but that's where the brilliance comes from - the taste for the unexpected.

Dullard commentators can't handle players like that, because they're generally too thick and uninspired to cope with anyone who doesn't conform to the rigid guidelines of how a modern footballer should behave. They don't have any idea how to handle, because he falls outside of their comfort zone.

That's why they lambasted Cantona for all that Seagull crap he came out with - because they'de prefer to hear him saying "Yeah - its like what the Gaffer just said, its a game of two halves - obviously we've just got to keep plugging away, keep giving 110%, and hope that we can turn it round. Whoever scores the most is going to win it, most definitely", or some such instantly forgettable, vacuous nonsense.

My gf generally shows no interest in football whatsoever, but she read that article (I can't recall which paper published it) last weekend about Balo, his upbringing and his life in Manchester with interest, because he's a fascinating character.

Give me Balo over the bland platitudes of someone like SWP or Lampard/Terry/Gerrard any day of the week - I'm actually interested in what he has to say, as he might actually say something worth hearing - a rare occurrence in the modern footballer.

I agree 100% *coughs* Beckham.

That part made me LOL for real, like I almost fell off my chair cos thats what every player says. Its funny to see it written down.

samharris said:
Leave me out of the "everyone" bit please..
You have to keep in mind the elided clause. The full expansion of didactic's phrase would--I believe--read "everyone who is moaning..."

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.