Mario Gomez

He'd thrive at City on the chances we create.

If Chelski get Cavani, Arsenal get Higuain and Spuds buck their ideas up the rags could be struggling to get 5th...

Super Mario part two? Manchester City in hunt for Bayern Munich striker Gomez, claims agent

Manchester City are in the hunt for powerful Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez after his agent revealed the Blues are one of several interested parties.

German international Gomez has scored 113 times for the European champions in just 174 appearances – including two when the Bavarians beat City in the Champions League in 2011.

But after slipping down the pecking order last season, and with Bayern Munich reportedly chasing Polish striker Robert Lewandowski, Gomez could leave this summer – with Fiorentina allegedly bidding already.

Gomez’s agent Uli Ferber told German newspaper Bild: “When he comes back from holiday we will evaluate what is the best solution for Mario.

“Fiorentina are not the only interested club.

“There’s also Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Manchester City.”

With City in a fight for €54million-rated Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, Gomez could be an alternative, and would reportedly only cost €20million.

The Blues are still looking to add firepower to their attack after selling Gomez’s namesake Mario Balotelli in January.

With Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko said to be the subject of much interest too, it could open the door for a new ‘Super Mario’ at the Etihad Stadium next season.

The 27-year-old – who has been at Munich since signing from VfB Stuttgart in 2009 – has been capped 58 times for Germany, scoring 25.

Should he join City he would be the second German striker to play for the Blues, following iconic fans favourite Uwe Rosler who scored 64 times for the Blues between 1994 and 1998.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/190611123-super-mario-part-two-manchester-city-hunt-bayern-munich-striker-gomez-claims-agent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/1 ... aims-agent</a>

I like him. I think he could be more disciplined than Dzeko and stay forward and central. This will help commit defenders so the wide attackers can get behind. Gomez will just tap them in tmie and time again. I bet he'd miss as much as our currect strikers (maybe more) but if he is in the right place more often than not he'll score plenty.

I wouldn't be upset if we swapped Dzeko for him and got in an other younger striker as further backup, e.g. Morata :-)

Aguero, Gomez, Morata, Guidetti is a fine set of strikers.

would definately take him, i know people compare him to dzeko with his style bt i my opinion he is superior finds the net as much as cavani and cheaper

Gomez would not be all that bad if the price is right. I don't think Dzeko is that interested in playing for City so there is no point in keeping him.

He would score from the chances we create. No messing about, ball in net, back to the half way line. Big problem last year was converting chances and he would do that. But thats all he would do. Which isnt a bad thing as such but as with Gomez at Bayern, Berbatov at the rags etc sometimes teams want more.

Id be happy with him.

johnmc said:
He would score from the chances we create. No messing about, ball in net, back to the half way line. Big problem last year was converting chances and he would do that. But thats all he would do. Which isnt a bad thing as such but as with Gomez at Bayern, Berbatov at the rags etc sometimes teams want more.

Id be happy with him.
yeah im trying to weigh up whether him and kun could work up front together as in would he stop kun from playing his best however he scores for fun which you cant argue with however with the creative talent that could be at city next season i cannot see it hindering kun im all for it

Ray78 said:
Gomez would not be all that bad if the price is right. I don't think Dzeko is that interested in playing for City so there is no point in keeping him.

Anything to back up this assertion? Regardless of your opinion on him (and god knows there are some negative ones), the guy has had a pretty good attitude and has been very pro-team from what I have seen, especially taking into account that Mancini turned him into a bench player. He seems very open minded about meeting Pelle and seeing if he can make this work.

Dzeko the player can be frustrating, but Dzeko the person seems to make the best out of things when it comes to his outlook, no?

But anyway, this is a Gomez thread and most of us are sick of the Dzeko stuff, so on to him: I think he'd clean up the garbage in front and get a lot of goals. Still don't know that losing a certain Bosnian and getting him is an "upgrade" though.

TonyM said:
I like him. I think he could be more disciplined than Dzeko and stay forward and central. This will help commit defenders so the wide attackers can get behind. Gomez will just tap them in tmie and time again. I bet he'd miss as much as our currect strikers (maybe more) but if he is in the right place more often than not he'll score plenty.

I wouldn't be upset if we swapped Dzeko for him and got in an other younger striker as further backup, e.g. Morata :-)

Aguero, Gomez, Morata, Guidetti is a fine set of strikers.
That's a downgrade on what we have.

green pennies said:
Ray78 said:

Anything to back up this assertion? Regardless of your opinion on him (and god knows there are some negative ones), the guy has had a pretty good attitude and has been very pro-team from what I have seen, especially taking into account that Mancini turned him into a bench player. He seems very open minded about meeting Pelle and seeing if he can make this work.

Dzeko the player can be frustrating, but Dzeko the person seems to make the best out of things when it comes to his outlook, no?

But anyway, this is a Gomez thread and most of us are sick of the Dzeko stuff, so on to him: I think he'd clean up the garbage in front and get a lot of goals. Still don't know that losing a certain Bosnian and getting him is an "upgrade" though.

We attempted to sell at the beginning of last season to either Bayern or Dortmund and failed. The knock on effect was that we had a disinterested striker all season. And with Mancini not being great at man management that did not help with the situation. This season his name has been banded about as a potential swap with Cavani. So if he does stay then Pellegrini has a job in getting a tune out of an unsettled striker.

As for Gomez for the right place then he would be suitable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.