Mario Lemina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called this one at beginning of season. Good player in a shit team. Caught my eye few times. Does tackle well and break up play but gets away with tackles that he wouldn't in a City shirt. Press resistant and great dribbler but then finds himself out of position. Passing isn't exceptional but is strong, can head a ball and has a fierce shot. Disagree he is a Gundogin type, much more a Fern type. Still young. Not yet done enough to earn a City bid but wouldn't be upset if we signed him.

I know YouTube compilations are best avoided, but I have to stay he looks a proper handful on them. Great dribbler and strong and quick too. More like Ferna than Gunders, but also different to both

I know YouTube compilations are best avoided, but I have to stay he looks a proper handful on them. Great dribbler and strong and quick too. More like Ferna than Gunders, but also different to both
I have a mate who works for Southampton (nothing fancy but knows the players) and told me to look out for this guy last year (joked hr would the next liverpool player). I have been impressed. My mate is frustrated by the lack of playing time and believes the squad should have been built around him. Apparently he is not always settled/happy at Southampton but is a nice bloke behind the scenes.

I hope that I am wrong and the man from Napoli still arrives but I suspect Lemina will be very much back on the radar. From the very limited amount I saw of him early in the season, I thought there were some positive signs but very raw. He then seemed to disapear from the first 11. I think that this is such an important position for us, given the way we play from the back and the attacking style of the rest of our mids, leaving big wide open spaces behind them. I am still a little confused as to whether we are looking for a Yaya replacement or cover/future replacement for Fernandinho.Pep has a lot of faith in Gundogan so perhaps its a Yaya replacement.

I should add that this does not really make sense in the light of Kaldoons comments but is one of the names briefed to the press at the end of the season re. Times article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.