Mario Lemina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Pep’s magic isn’t guaranteed to work on everyone. Take Kelechi for example, young with bags of potential,
who, (though it can be argued, was not ideally suited to fit into Pep’s preferred system straight away),
I still think, given a bit of time and patience, could’ve made a career here, yet Pep seemed to completely wash his hands of the lad, not fancying the challenge of working with him one bit.
We sold high on Kelechi, it was a smart move.

Agreed. Pep’s magic isn’t guaranteed to work on everyone. Take Kelechi for example, young with bags of potential,
who, (though it can be argued, was not ideally suited to fit into Pep’s preferred system straight away),
I still think, given a bit of time and patience, could’ve made a career here, yet Pep seemed to completely wash his hands of the lad, not fancying the challenge of working with him one bit.
No chance Kelechi was ever going to make it as a top level CL striker he isn't good enough.

To go From Jorginho to this guy would be the biggest downgrade ive ever seen. Southampton fans don't even rate him that highly. Would genuinely prefer to play one of our loanees instead.

To go From Jorginho to this guy would be the biggest downgrade ive ever seen. Southampton fans don't even rate him that highly. Would genuinely prefer to play one of our loanees instead.

The beauty of having a manager like Pep is he sees players through a different lens. If he choses this chap then I'm sure the player they are used to seeing at Southampton will become something significantly different to the one we would see at City.

I remember the eden hazard to Scott sinclair situation

Did he bollocks. He worked with him,and then sold him at a good price as he didn’t fit into what he wanted, hardly “washing his hands of him”

If insisting on inserting a buy back clause is "completely washing his hands" then you are right.

If insisting on inserting a buy back clause is "completely washing his hands" then you are right.
Did he bollocks. He worked with him,and then sold him at a good price as he didn’t fit into what he wanted, hardly “washing his hands of him”
My point still stands I think. I was arguing against someone who suggested we bring in, either an academy product, or a cheap DM, who nobody else has heard of to fill the Jorginho role, because, and I quote him: “working with Pep will automatically make an average player into a good one, a good player into a great one, and a great player into a world class one”

Which in my opinion, is truly b*llocks

My point still stands I think. I was arguing against someone who suggested we bring in, either an academy product, or a cheap DM, who nobody else has heard of to fill the Jorginho role, because, and I quote him: “working with Pep will automatically make an average player into a good one, a good player into a great one, and a great player into a world class one”

Which in my opinion, is truly b*llocks
I agree there's no guarantee. I think a better example would be Bravo. However, I have full faith in Pep and whoever he brings in. Other than Nolito and Bravo, his signings have all been spot on. Gundogan, Sané, Jesus, Bernardo, Walker, Stones.
Danilo, Laporte, Mahrez and Mendy still have a bit to prove but I have faith in their abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.