Mario Lemina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there's no guarantee. I think a better example would be Bravo. However, I have full faith in Pep and whoever he brings in. Other than Nolito and Bravo, his signings have all been spot on. Gundogan, Sané, Jesus, Bernardo, Walker, Stones.
Danilo, Laporte, Mahrez and Mendy still have a bit to prove but I have faith in their abilities.
Even Nolito started like a house on fire, he just dropped off real quick and I think never really got comfortable in England.

Not good enough and no better than what we have in reserve, IMO

If we can’t get good enough then better off then we are sticking to what we have

My point still stands I think. I was arguing against someone who suggested we bring in, either an academy product, or a cheap DM, who nobody else has heard of to fill the Jorginho role, because, and I quote him: “working with Pep will automatically make an average player into a good one, a good player into a great one, and a great player into a world class one”

Which in my opinion, is truly b*llocks
Your point was that Pep washed his hands of him, he didn’t, he sold him for good money, completely different things.

Even the great managers dont always get it right when purchasing players .Very few if any were concerned when we lashed out £27 million for Wilfied Bony He was a prolific goal getter at Swansea he was on 20 plus goals, and we were only in January when we bought him i dont need to say more suffice to say football is full of players that come with extremely high expectations and flop its a bit of a lottery really

Even the great managers dont always get it right when purchasing players .Very few if any were concerned when we lashed out £27 million for Wilfied Bony He was a prolific goal getter at Swansea he was on 20 plus goals, and we were only in January when we bought him i dont need to say more suffice to say football is full of players that come with extremely high expectations and flop its a bit of a lottery really
Really? Thought it was pretty obvious he was gonna flop, was never going to fit our style of play.

Same with Mangala, made a mistake everytime I watched Porto.

Even Nolito started like a house on fire, he just dropped off real quick and I think never really got comfortable in England.

Tricky Ricky Holden and Nigel Clough duly acknowledged, I think Nolito was probably the slowest professional footballer ever to lace up a pair of boots. Dudley Moore’s unidexter Mr Spigot would have beaten him in a race......

Tricky Ricky Holden and Nigel Clough duly acknowledged, I think Nolito was probably the slowest professional footballer ever to lace up a pair of boots.
No he wasn’t EB, don’t know how old you are mate, but that honour is won hands down, in perpetuity, by a Mr Fredrick Hill Esq. Signed for City from Halifax Town, (via Bolton Wanderers), by Big Mal in 1970.

Made Tricky Ricky Holden look like Touché Turtle :-)

No he wasn’t EB, don’t know how old you are mate, but that honour is won hands down, in perpetuity, by a Mr Fredrick Hill Esq. Signed for City from Halifax Town, (via Bolton Wanderers), by Big Mal in 1970.

Made Tricky Ricky Holden look like Touché Turtle :-)

Ha ha, just a fraction too old for me mate. First live game I saw was 1974, so I never had the pleasure of seeing said Mr Hill play!

Really? Thought it was pretty obvious he was gonna flop, was never going to fit our style of play.

Same with Mangala, made a mistake everytime I watched Porto.
i think many myself included saw he was knocking em in a plenty and thought well if he doing it at Swansea ...... well thats my point and you are right he was not our type of player and would be less so in our present system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.