Mario, time to say goodbye?

Not sure he'll be here next season (and yes, I've seen his comments and that of his agent about being happy ay City). I'm not sure how much more of being targetted by opposing players and singled out by referees that he will be willing to put up with. And could you blame him?

Keep Mario and help him over come the witch hunt, buy Cavani in the summer and let those two fire us to champions league glory.

As for tomorrow night, I'll be singing his name loud an proud at Kluxfield.

I disagree with Tolmie on this matter, and explained why in a previous post.
But it was a valid question for him to ask. Don't see why he's getting so much abuse over a question which may be at the back of a few minds.
I just think it'll all blow over when the Daily Salem etc find a new target for their pitchforks

rick773 said:
I guess if he was a white womanizing alcoholic with a sensible haircut he'd be ok. He has an actual personality and I personally love it. In addition to growing into a great player I think going forward he could be huge in marketing city to new audiences. If there's one player in the league who can bring in new American fans it's him.

The marketing value of someone like Balotelli must be phenominal by now, so purely in monetary terms having a brilliant but flawed genius in your stable massively raises City's profile.
Nose to spite face etc;

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Pigeonho said:
Good post TH. I'd agree with that swap deal too, suits everyone concerned. Personally I wouldn't miss the paying for petrol for everyone, turning up at colleges, buying rounds in a Wythenshawe boozer or anything else off the pitch as its all meaningless. Yes it raises a smile and yes people want to ruffle his hair in 'you loveable scallywag' kind of way, but on the pitch is where it matters and in the main, he's let himself and us down more than not.
A swap for a player who will do it purely on the pitch would make sense. Not denying Balotelli has quality, he has it in abundance but he also has a silly streak which spoils it.
Do you think this could be a goer?

It was just a purely hypothetical scenario.

Mario loves Naples, his girlfriend is from the area. Mancini loves Cavani.

De Laurentis is a crazy fuck and is demanding close to £50m, but if Mario was on the table, I believe it could be a game changer.

After all, they took Maradona to their hearts and protected him.

Manchester is too small for a guy like Mario, as is England.

It would also be a massive fuck you to the FA and media, having chased away another star.

Difference is, we have the means to bring in another. Cavani would win us the league alongside Sergio for the next three years.

Let me be clear, I champion Mario and whatever he and the club want to do, going forward.

But rationale dictates he will be chased off or will follow Mancini out the door.

This would be stupid IMO. I mean, they're pretty much equal in terms of talent right now. In fact, in overall ability, I'd give it to Mario. In another couple years, this is going to be a laughable comparison..

LongsightM13 said:
But it was a valid question for him to ask. Don't see why he's getting so much abuse over a question which may be at the back of a few minds.
I just think it'll all blow over when the Daily Salem etc find a new target for their pitchforks

Because 90% of people on here dont quite understand what the question was. Everyone instantly jumped on the "must protect Balo" bandwagon without realising the actual question was about if it would be better for Balo and his progression to do it away from the UK and the hounding he gets here on and off pitch.

I get a feeling most people just read the thread header and ignored the contents of the post.

More pertinently, given Sky's role in hyping all of this in it's various formats, how about nobody from our club — players, management etc — co-operates with them for the next few televised games?
No access to the players or management for pre-recorded stuff. No pre or post-match interviews, except with City TV and the OS.
Probably wouldn't make any difference in the long run, but might give Sky pause for thought and what could the FA do about it? They let Ferguson get away with ignoring a rights holder for the best part of a decade so they leave themselves open to claims of bias if they tried to act.

grunge said:
LongsightM13 said:

Because 90% of people on here dont quite understand what the question was. Everyone instantly jumped on the "must protect Balo" bandwagon without realising the actual question was about if it would be better for Balo and his progression to do it away from the UK and the hounding he gets here on and off pitch.

I get a feeling most people just read the thread header and ignored the contents of the post.
Kneejerk reactions on BlueMoon? Surely not!

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.