Mario, time to say goodbye?

nellyonthewing said:
Mario is a bit like having a dog that you really love but every time you take it out it bites some sod. He is a marked man and his oddball personality off the pitch is no excuse for his sulky petulance on it. He looks like blowing up every time he's tackled. What would you prefer the title or mario because the two may not go together.

Alternativley, his brilliance may just win it for us, not just this season, but in seasons to come.....guess it's a case of whether your view is half empty or half full. I've waited too many years to see players of Mario's ability in our clubs shirt ( and Silva,Yaya,Kun etc.)...... Really don't think we should be considering letting rare talent leave IMO.....

bluestevei said:
hgblue said:
No way. Back him 100%. Stick with him through this rough patch. Show him the love next time he plays, and reap the benefits for many years to come. Has the talent and the right manager to become a legend here if we stick together and stick two fingers up to all the jealous wankers getting on his case.

this, let the manager have his say, and hopefully he would get on with his game and score plenty of goals for us. its bad enough with the media getting on his back, but his own fans ffs

Spot on,just got to hope that some of the dicks on here,don,t represent the view of most match goers

Marios so called bad boy rep has him on a hiding to nothing when it comes to the refs and dishing out of cards for him. This season he has been so unlucky with both bans IF this ban is sticking. Against Liverpool Skertel got him sent off for rolling around the pitch like a pussy. At the weekend another were he has been treated harshly. His agent has come out in support of him saying he isnt getting treated fairly and I would hope that the club would do the same thing. No way did he mean to stamp on Parker who accepted his apology from him straight after it happend.

I would stick with Mario for the time being still a kid who will learn a hell of a lot from this. Talent wise when he hits his peak he will be a real force that most clubs would want. Also add into the mix the options he has for any new club not many will be able to afford Mario. I would give him the full backing and get on the case of the refs for dealing with him so harshly first before getting rid of him.

joe mancini said:
bluestevei said:
hgblue said:
No way. Back him 100%. Stick with him through this rough patch. Show him the love next time he plays, and reap the benefits for many years to come. Has the talent and the right manager to become a legend here if we stick together and stick two fingers up to all the jealous wankers getting on his case.

this, let the manager have his say, and hopefully he would get on with his game and score plenty of goals for us. its bad enough with the media getting on his back, but his own fans ffs

Spot on,just got to hope that some of the dicks on here,don,t represent the view of most match goers

Some of us don't mate and I support Mario even through bad times

. However blues are entitled to their own view of this. Some stick by Mario and some others don't.

It's not up to us what happens though.

i know, why dont city extend his contract, this will blow the media away as it will show them that we believe in him

What would some of you prefer, a flawed genius such as Mario or a flawed dummy like Joey Barton? Because I'm sure Sheilh Mansour could arrange for us to quickly return to mid-table obscurity where flawed dummies were the order of the day!

I just can't get my head around some of these posts, pissing me off more than the fucking FA.

To address the question asked in the original post I think where ever he goes he's taking his rep with him. He bought it to City and he will take it where ever he goes. Best thing for him right now is RM and our support.

In terms of him missing games and costing us etc would the people arguing he should go be happy applying the same standard to Vincent Kompany?

I guess if he was a white womanizing alcoholic with a sensible haircut he'd be ok. He has an actual personality and I personally love it. In addition to growing into a great player I think going forward he could be huge in marketing city to new audiences. If there's one player in the league who can bring in new American fans it's him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.