Mario, time to say goodbye?

Most of the Mario's detractors here are numpties. Why?
For insulting his intelligence and convicting him without giving him credence or the benefit of doubt.

Remember an arsenal of anti-balotelli forces are arrayed & dogging him everytime he is on an off the field.

I would say given that, he has handled himself quite well when a lot of lesser mortal beings would have capitulated by now.

To wit his behaviour and composure against the scums (Rio, Anderson) post Wembley match ;)

Mind you it takes a lot of intelligence and football nous for a WC player to play at this level. His composure, skills, awareness and shot selection belies the fact he is a superior specimen.

Can you or have you?

To me yes he is worthwhile supporting. The experiences and performances he gave to us is priceless. Did I say I would give one of my nut up just to have those (winking & demolition derby) one in a lifetime experiences? Yes I did. Albeit I have to be honest I don't need both of them (just one will do) at my age ;)

hgblue said:
No way. Back him 100%. Stick with him through this rough patch. Show him the love next time he plays, and reap the benefits for many years to come. Has the talent and the right manager to become a legend here if we stick together and stick two fingers up to all the jealous wankers getting on his case.

^^^ this.

(with a little extra 'Manciti' thrown in for good measure... Mario needs to work more at his 'meta' game, but give him time and I'm sure he'll master this too - he has the capacity)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Whilst there is no dispute to the wealth of natural talent Mario has, it's a wider question.

Sometimes you have to let go the ones you love, for the good of the main parties concerned?

Mario WILL NEVER realise the player he needs to become in this country. I have reached this conclusion over the last 12 months.

His previous will continue to be raked up and as a result, his future, massively impacted.

A yellow card is the default position for every game he takes part in, justified or not, as reputation proceeds him.

As a result of the Parker incident, and the moral outrage over every cough and splutter, it is surely only going to get worse?

I believe a ban is warranted for the latest foul-up, and he has again let himself and us down.

Would it now make good sense between now and the window to stick two fingers to the system and sell him in exchange for another top class striker?

We are only delaying the inevitable IMO. Mario has become larger than the game itself in this small-minded country and his character and talent is why WE LOVE HIM.

But sometimes you have to do right by the ones you love.

I suppose we should continue to trust the powers-that-be at City, but if down to me, I would consider a swap proposal for Cavani at Napoli right this minute.

Naples, outside of Madrid, might be the only footballing town big enough to protect their own.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and fair play to you have yours!!

In My own opinion, I’m glad you’re not the one who makes decisions about our club and who should come and go...

Most geniuses have there baggage, and you take them as they are. (by the by I’m not convinced that it was deliberate maybe it was maybe it was not, prob was though but maybe it was not (only he can say)

Rooney wanker kicks elbows whenever he wants but no team in the world would turn him down..

Vinnie Jones same as... even the judge and jury that is Graham souness - dirty bastard,, but you would have him in your team week in week out,,, andim sure, we had a few ourselves...

Van Gogh cuts his own f/in ears off but everyone would love one on their wall....

Like I said I’m glad you’re not the one recruiting for us

Pam said:
Jesus Christ, my nerves are shot. People should calm down. It is not yet February and people are losing it. What is it going to be like by bastard April?

this title challenge is more stressful than a relegation battle!

by august i'll be fucking grey and i'll have only turned 20!

I cannot believe we as city fans can even discuss such a proposal.

Mario, will, in my opinion, become one of the greatest players in world football.

The parallels with Cantona are there for all to see and heed.

Mario is pure gold and we shouldn't forget the pressure he faces as a young 20 year old in a rat infested media that would love to see City lose the plot.

City have never been in such a wonderful position, and are poised to win the league in a fashion we have not witnessed since 68.

I know this because I was fortunate enough to be at ST James's Park when we did it.

I have supported City since 1955 and this is the best team I have ever seen to grace the wonderful blue shirt.

Stick with Mario and enjoy the ride and that includes the vitriol, the bile, the little Englander complex that we as a nation contribute to by reading,believing, watching, and listening to nonsence.

hgblue said:
No way. Back him 100%. Stick with him through this rough patch. Show him the love next time he plays, and reap the benefits for many years to come. Has the talent and the right manager to become a legend here if we stick together and stick two fingers up to all the jealous wankers getting on his case.

this, let the manager have his say, and hopefully he would get on with his game and score plenty of goals for us. its bad enough with the media getting on his back, but his own fans ffs

Bobcat44 said:
I cannot believe we as city fans can even discuss such a proposal.

Mario, will, in my opinion, become one of the greatest players in world football.

The parallels with Cantona are there for all to see and heed.

Mario is pure gold and we shouldn't forget the pressure he faces as a young 20 year old in a rat infested media that would love to see City lose the plot.

City have never been in such a wonderful position, and are poised to win the league in a fashion we have not witnessed since 68.

I know this because I was fortunate enough to be at ST James's Park when we did it.

I have supported City since 1955 and this is the best team I have ever seen to grace the wonderful blue shirt.

Stick with Mario and enjoy the ride and that includes the vitriol, the bile, the little Englander complex that we as a nation contribute to by reading,believing, watching, and listening to nonsence.

Well said. Thank You. With Fans like you we (including Mario) shall overcome our adversaries.

His agent was just on SSN saying he's going nowhere this year or next. Both obviously pissed off and (IMO, quite rightly) feel they are being targetted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.