Mario, time to say goodbye?

This 'project' is being managed by some people with a vision for our club. A vision that in time we will be viewed with fear and respect by everyone else within the game. It is a view I share and does anyone seriously doubt that it will become a reality?

Mario Balotelli fits in with that vision perfectly. A truly global superstar who is only 21 has the talent to perform at the highest level and what are we going to do?

Cut and run like the small time club we used to be?

No.

Nothing will cement our status and grind the likes of united into the dirt more than making this relationship work. Mario loves and gets this football club. He must be given more a rigid framework and learn to control his aggression, and he must appreciate that no-one is indispensable to any organisation if that relationship is to work, but the prize is too great for us to give up at this stage.

The potential with this player is too great a prize to discard, as doing so and regretting it at a later date would be far, far worse than keeping him and it not working out.

Stick, but monitor closely.

BlueRiz said:
Blue Haze said:
Reminds me of RAWK. Suarez is a victim etc etc

No, Mario is not a victim of England. He is a victim of his own poor decisions. He can get a fair shake in England if he stops doing stupid things that get him carded.

Look at the way Aguero, Dzeko and Silva play. You never see any controversy surrounding what they do. It's no coincidence that they avoid being targets of the refs and the FA. Dzeko in particular initiates more physical contact than Mario and doesn't get targeted. Why? Because he acts professionally.

This Suarez siege mentality crap makes me sick.

You are missing the POINT Haze. Balo is michevious, he gets into trouble. Fine, no problem, ban him for 2-3-4 games whatever you like. The problem is why are ENGLISH players who play for England getting away with it? It's inconsistency, its NOT FAIR PLAY as FIFA rule. We don't need to list all the times the FA have been biased, just look at Crouch with intent to harm just now which is not being pursued?!!

There is no protection for players in England against the FA and there is sooo much inconsistency that is frankly embarrassing and a joke and the weight Premier League football has around the world is about to diminish and no huge International stars (likes of Aguero, Van Persie, Silva etc) will not want to play here.

I don't think Crouch is relevant. The OP talks about how Mario will never be treated fairly in England. What does that have to do with Crouch? Mario can stay and won't be banned if he stops kicking players and generally getting involved in incidents that paint him in a cynical light.

Foreign players do get treated differently, but in this case only when he crossed the line by kicking a player. Don't kick Parker, problem solved. We have about a dozen foreign players who have no issues with the FA.

Setting aside the "stamp" which is difficult to guage. I can grudgingly accept a ban for that if other players get hauled up as well. They don't. And what's more look at some of the previous cards Balotelli has picked up. The booking v Spurs was a joke as was the sending off at Liverpool

johnny crossan said:
Maybe we'll look back in May and realise that his Spurs penalty won us the league!
Hopefully we will, because the alternative is that his absence may cost us over the next few games.
I like Mario but never have my palms sweat so much when I see a player run onto the pitch. That's part of the attraction because you know he is capable of a match winner out of nothing; but then there is always the other side of the coin that makes me nervous and sees him as a possible liability. Not just for the match being played but for plans over the next few games.

We've got to stick with - he will see the error of his ways. Its not something new, this flawed genius footballer malarky... Remember the early days of;

Gazza
Ronaldo
Cantona - Anightmare at sheff weds/leeds
Beckham - kicking out
Duncan Ferguson

They all got there in the end - Unfortunately 3 of those at the scum had a huge influence in the trophies they won over the years c**ts

They had a manager who backed them to the hilt, as Mancini will with Balo. We should too and I'm sure even with some of the posts on here, he will get the backing of the majority.

F**k the haters - they'll be swarming around him and us for years to come!

Uwe's 80s mullet said:
hgblue said:
No way. Back him 100%. Stick with him through this rough patch. Show him the love next time he plays, and reap the benefits for many years to come. Has the talent and the right manager to become a legend here if we stick together and stick two fingers up to all the jealous wankers getting on his case.
how many chances is he going to get to become this 'legend'?

lol he is 21...

matt99is said:
We're down to one striker and a baby giraffe!! I'd be putting Kolarov up front over dzeko tbh

Is this the latest fashion, having a go at Dzeko?

Why don't we get rid of Dzeko, Richards, Zabaleta, Adam Johnson, Balotelli, Milner, Barry, Hart, Savic, Kolarov, Cliche, Nasri, Lescott, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure because at one time or another each of these players has been well slagged off?

Dzeko scored the only goal against Wigan and provided an assist against Spurs. You can't question his attitude and his goal to game time is top drawer.

Sometimes he looks clumsy and his touch deserts him. That happens to every player including the great white Pele. He's a strong runner, great passer and isn't afraid to mix it.

I've seen Aguero miss quite a few chances over the last few games without anyone making a big deal of it but if Dzeko misses a chance he's useless. He needs a run of games is all. He showed earlier in the season he can be an awesome player.

Imagine if his scoring record was similar to Torres'. Then you'd have a point.

Blue Haze said:
BlueRiz said:
Blue Haze said:
Reminds me of RAWK. Suarez is a victim etc etc

No, Mario is not a victim of England. He is a victim of his own poor decisions. He can get a fair shake in England if he stops doing stupid things that get him carded.

Look at the way Aguero, Dzeko and Silva play. You never see any controversy surrounding what they do. It's no coincidence that they avoid being targets of the refs and the FA. Dzeko in particular initiates more physical contact than Mario and doesn't get targeted. Why? Because he acts professionally.

This Suarez siege mentality crap makes me sick.

You are missing the POINT Haze. Balo is michevious, he gets into trouble. Fine, no problem, ban him for 2-3-4 games whatever you like. The problem is why are ENGLISH players who play for England getting away with it? It's inconsistency, its NOT FAIR PLAY as FIFA rule. We don't need to list all the times the FA have been biased, just look at Crouch with intent to harm just now which is not being pursued?!!

There is no protection for players in England against the FA and there is sooo much inconsistency that is frankly embarrassing and a joke and the weight Premier League football has around the world is about to diminish and no huge International stars (likes of Aguero, Van Persie, Silva etc) will not want to play here.

I don't think Crouch is relevant. The OP talks about how Mario will never be treated fairly in England. What does that have to do with Crouch? Mario can stay and won't be banned if he stops kicking players and generally getting involved in incidents that paint him in a cynical light.

Foreign players do get treated differently, but in this case only when he crossed the line by kicking a player. Don't kick Parker, problem solved. We have about a dozen foreign players who have no issues with the FA.

Foreign players do get treated differently by refs - Doesn't sound good mate and I think we call it xenophobia. Haze, the problem is YOU cannot and I don't care who you are, guarantee Balo has 100% intent of violence when he stamped down. Everyone has said only Balo would know. So you saying Don't kick Parker, problem solved, you;re just as bad as the FA who say Guilty and can't be proven innocent and if you try I'll increase your ban!

"The OP talks about how Mario will never be treated fairly in England. What does that have to do with Crouch?" errmmm... everything. Crouch had intent to harm (we all know that from the video of him raising his hand and raking the players face). Balo trips and turns and stamps down near Parkers head, but there was REASONABLE DOUBT and you cannot 100% say he had intent to harm BECAUSE he was falling at the same time. That's why there is no FAIR TREATMENT. Both players were reviewed by the FA to possibly charged for Violent Conduct, Balo gets it but Crouch scott free to do it again when he wants.

gregblag said:
matt99is said:
We're down to one striker and a baby giraffe!! I'd be putting Kolarov up front over dzeko tbh

Is this the latest fashion, having a go at Dzeko?

Why don't we get rid of Dzeko, Richards, Zabaleta, Adam Johnson, Balotelli, Milner, Barry, Hart, Savic, Kolarov, Cliche, Nasri, Lescott, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure because at one time or another each of these players has been well slagged off.

Dzeko scored the only goal against Wigan and provided an assist against Spurs. You can't question his attitude and his goal to game time is top drawer.

Sometimes he looks clumsy and his touch deserts him. That happens to every player including the great white Pele. He's a strong runner, great passer and isn't afraid to mix it.

I've seen Aguero miss quite a few chances over the last few games without anyone making a big deal of it but if Dzeko misses a chance he's useless. He needs a run of games is all. He showed earlier in the season he can be an awesome player.

Imagine if his scoring record was similar to Torres'. Then you'd have a point.

spot on greg, Dzeko for me once he stops blockingSsergios chances looks the better starting partner for Sergio, Mario brings a different option altogether, the bottom line is we have 3 strikers the whole of Europe are envious of, a good mix, add to that Torres and i think were on a winner....:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.