Mario, time to say goodbye?

The only problem Balo has is that he is still young and inexperienced (especially int he prem league)....this leads to him getting stupid yellow and red cards (some completely undeserved......some not). Unfortunately for him as well he has a reputation which goes against him (and that reputation isnt really deserved at all in comparrison to some other players that are around.....he isnt dirty or overly aggressive on the pitch...but he is very expressive with his emotions and he does need to learn to curb this as it gives the impression of a petulant and aggressive child)

As for ability....that is unquestionable...he has one of the best first touches ive seen on any player, bags of tricks, movement is excellent, passing is good and his team work has come on a lot as well in the last 12 monthsplus he has one hell of a shot on him and he is pretty deadly when he does get a chance. He is also as good as the likes of dzeko in the air.

what we as fans need to do is (and this is rare for city fans I know but bare with me!!!)...is show some bloody patience with the lad. We are now luckily in a position that we can afford to nurture talents such as balo without having to play them every game.

Unfortunately for Balo while he is in this country the media will never ever leave him alone unless he sorts out the things at least on the pitch that i mentioned before...what eh does off the pitch (within reason) i dont care about...as far as im concerned he can get as many parking tickets, burn as many bathrooms and get up to mischief as mucha s he wants....its his life.....as long as on the pitch he is producing the goods (which eh inveriably does).....the media which are covertly xenophobic (not racist) in this country may hopefully then find another poor target to focus on. RM is doing well nurturing Balo along and us as fans need to helpthat by backing the kid....he has more talent in one leg than any young British player has in their whole body and the media hate that!

As long as Mancini is here, Mario has a chance to fulfill his potential in my opinion.

Didsbury Dave said:
lancs blue said:
This thread is making a bold attempt for the Daftest on BM award despite some fierce competition!
You might think it 'daft' mate but you can bet your bottom dollar it's a question that has been asked at the top of the club during this last few weeks.

Last chance saloon for me-although he may be impossible to sell anyway if he carries on.

yeah , you are right , at the end of the day balotelli will cost to mancini his work. them both will be forced out

to real madrid.

Dave S said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Prozzy shagger has got better passing and vision. Tends to drop into space a lot then ping it out wide easy enough. But prozzy shagger has had time to devlop this and has become a much more cultured player as he's grown older, comparing a 21 year old boy who is only in his second year in the prem and england to a world class player 5 years his elder who's been playing at the very top for many years is bollocks.

Cracks me up how narrow minded some of you are and how you expect the finished article from a young kid. A lot of you are going to look very stupid at some point
At £20M plus I think we have every right to expect the finished article, don't you?

No. Maybe you should ask yourself why a player who is still in the very early stages of his career is already worth a figure in that region?

Mancio, you seem pretty steadfast that Mourinho is coming in/Mancini leaving. Are you the Italian chapter of the Cabal?

Mancio said:
Didsbury Dave said:
lancs blue said:
This thread is making a bold attempt for the Daftest on BM award despite some fierce competition!
You might think it 'daft' mate but you can bet your bottom dollar it's a question that has been asked at the top of the club during this last few weeks.

Last chance saloon for me-although he may be impossible to sell anyway if he carries on.

yeah , you are right , at the end of the day balotelli will cost to mancini his work. them both will be forced out to real madrid.
You're getting rather irritating.

No, it's not time to say goodbye to Mario.

the guy is extremely talented, and still young. We should stand by him and let him mature and develop, on and off the pitch.

With that said, he does hurt the team a lot of times with his antics (much more often than he should). I love the guy for his confidence and lack of fear for the extraordinary, but he does need to calm it down so that the team doesn't get hurt (red cards, workrate at times, and so on).

If it was up to me, this is what I'd do for our striker rotation:

Aguero and Dzeko would start together as often as possible. They complement each other nicely, and their goal tally is excellent. I think highly of both players, Aguero no need to say anything really, he's a star who has a great understanding with Silva (though he has gone now a few games without scoring, hopefully he can snap that streak soon) and Dzeko hasn't been consistent, but he is very unique in that he's big and strong (only striker in the squad who's really good in the air as well) and plays for the team at all times. Balotelli would be my #3, not because he's less talented than Dzeko (actually I think he's a bigger talent than Edin) but because as I stated earlier, he does stupid things on and off the pitch where you just can't rely on him as a starter, there is just no way we can do that until he matures. No way.

Then, I'd find a #4 striker who's willing to be #4, but knowing that Balotelli is always going to miss some games bc of who he is. So really, whoever we get at #4, he'd almost share #3 with Balotelli by default.

Tevez, I wouldn't consider.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.