Mario, time to say goodbye?

indifferent said:
I can't understand why so many folks on this forum think Mario is a class. Yes, I like his personality too but wake up people, he's at the best just an average player. Nine goals in 15 games two of which are penalty kicks. He has no assists, very slow to get up, lazy to help defenders, not creative, one red card and four yellows. Because of all this and his lack of discipline he does not have positive influence on the team.

Take a look on some stats where smarter people than us measure overall player performance:
Mario is rated 153rd player in the Premier League on EA Sports Player Performance Index and 766th place worldwide on Full Castrol Edge football rankings. He is well below the rest of the key figures in the team.

If it was up to me, Mario could leave like yesterday, it wouldn't hurt the team a one bit.

LOL. What a twat. He's so low in those rankings because they take into consideration tracking back and how much you run, completed passes etc.

He should have 3 or 4 more goals on top of that total btw... the goal vs Wolves that wasn't offside, the tap in that nasri fucked up, penalty vs United...

Dez said:
indifferent said:
I can't understand why so many folks on this forum think Mario is a class. Yes, I like his personality too but wake up people, he's at the best just an average player. Nine goals in 15 games two of which are penalty kicks. He has no assists, very slow to get up, lazy to help defenders, not creative, one red card and four yellows. Because of all this and his lack of discipline he does not have positive influence on the team.

Take a look on some stats where smarter people than us measure overall player performance:
Mario is rated 153rd player in the Premier League on EA Sports Player Performance Index and 766th place worldwide on Full Castrol Edge footab all rankings. He is well below the rest of the key figures in the team.

If it was up to me, Mario could leave like yesterday, it wouldn't hurt the team a one bit.

LOL. What a twat. He's so low in those rankings because they take into consideration tracking back and how much you run, completed passes etc.

He should have 3 or 4 more goals on top of that total btw... the goal vs Wolves that wasn't offside, the tap in that nasri fucked up, penalty vs United...

"At it again.

Here

Ferigie isn't Schemic discord, its just plain bollocks talking and the office Gooner is on leave.

Balotelli might be a loose cannon (with more personality than some premier league squads put together) but Cantona was a borderline psychopath.

Mario is far more endearing to the majority of football fans (not that its particularly relevant) than Cantona ever was. The difference is behind the attitude you can see he's a good guy at heart.

The same couldn't be said for Cantona (like a lot of people associated with the scum)

I like him the way he is. In his case I suspect toning down the attitude may make him a lesser player rather than the opposite effect.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Reluctantly have to agree Tolmie. He's a great player and a real character but he's not right in the head sometimes when he's on the pitch. You just can't rely on him, particularly if he gets a mood on him.

This - get him swapped for a player who can also score goals AND not miss half a season through stupidity on the pitch.

Dez said:
indifferent said:

Mario is rated 153rd player in the Premier League on EA Sports Player Performance Index and 766th place worldwide on Full Castrol Edge football rankings. He is well below the rest of the key figures in the team.

So, what should be included in ratings if not past games, how much they run, completed passes, goals, positive influence on the team, etc? His ass? lmfao

indifferent said:
Dez said:
indifferent said:

So, what should be included in ratings if not past games, how much they run, completed passes, goals, positive influence on the team, etc? His ass? lmfao

are those stats pro-rata regarding minutes on the pitch?

Mancio said:
indifferent said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Ahhhhh those castrol rankings. Adebayor and van buyten joint 7th. Sturridge 19th, Aguero 21st, xavi and iniesta in the late 20s. There really is no arguing with those rankings.
The rankings are based on 12 months, not last few games. You can argue that rankings are of +/- 20 places but not 700. Besides, Mario is very low on EA ratings too. If you have DVR at home just record one game and then watch only what Mario does with or without ball. Just watch him and try to be objective and you'll see. The ratings are not wrong that much.

in football there is just one valuable rating , the market price.

this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-balotelli/mwverlaufgraph/spieler_45146.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-ba ... 45146.html</a>

but i'm sure you'll find at least 156 players with an higher price tag , you rag clown.

-- Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 pm --

indifferent said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Ahhhhh those castrol rankings. Adebayor and van buyten joint 7th. Sturridge 19th, Aguero 21st, xavi and iniesta in the late 20s. There really is no arguing with those rankings.
The rankings are based on 12 months, not last few games. You can argue that rankings are of +/- 20 places but not 700. Besides, Mario is very low on EA ratings too. If you have DVR at home just record one game and then watch only what Mario does with or without ball. Just watch him and try to be objective and you'll see. The ratings are not wrong that much.

in football there is just one valuable rating , the market price.

this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-balotelli/mwverlaufgraph/spieler_45146.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.it/en/mario-ba ... 45146.html</a>

but i'm sure you'll find at least 156 players with an higher price tag , you indifferen rag clown.
Wrong. There is a lot of underpaid players who perform far better than Mario. And, some of them are overpaid as Mario. Hundreds of players are happy with their pay and don't want to leave their clubs and that doesn't show in transfermark. Thansfermarkt tells you just how much their clubs hope to get for their own players. What they get is another story. More importantly, hundreds of players are happy with their pay and clubs so they don't want to even consider to leave their clubs. Their true value never shows in transfermarkt because they are never transferred.

indifferent said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOxh5L4QVMs&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.