Mario

Yaya looks pretty pissed off with him at the end of the extended highlights on the OS. Guess we wasn't expecting the clip across the back of his head.

bojinov29 said:
redmizzle said:
Well considering our front three is quite fluid, i don't think it's accurate to say it's Balotelli that should have definitely been covering for Kolarov (who was actually on the right side). More likely Vieira or De Jong and watching the highlights again just now, Vieira was actually covering for Kolarov with Balotelli on the left side of the front three as Yaya went to him after scoring.

yeah i know what you mean, as i said, probably couldn't be ar$ed running to catch up play.

Ah, i get it. He's lazy like Adebayor.

I had a need to come on here and point out that some people here are unfair when assessing players.

I know most people praise Balotelli - and I myself think he is a good player.

That said, somehow Balotelli is now being rated for "smiling", "enjoying himself", and rather small contributions on sunday like occassionaly holding up ball, winning a free kick, and making a run or two.

Some of the people rating him this way are the same ones crusifying Dzeko on other threads for NOT SCORING or SIGNIFICANTLY contributing in certain games, while making small contributions just like Balotelli did vs. Sunderand.

The fact: Balotelli did not score or do anything significant (not counting negatives) since that goal 5-6 games back against Wigan (was it)? Against Sunderland he had an OK game, nothing more, and was invisible for large chunks of the game. And he should be rated that way.

Not hating the lad AT ALL, just pissed off at how different game-time criteria are used between him and Dzeko for example. Some consistent criteria wouldnt hurt on this forum.

unexpected item said:
Yaya looks pretty pissed off with him at the end of the extended highlights on the OS. Guess we wasn't expecting the clip across the back of his head.

i think he gets a little pi$$ed off when mario goes on his solo run prior to being fouled for his free kick, yaya makes a bursting run into the box only for mario to use him as a diversion and then be fouled, that was my view anyway.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:27 pm --<br /><br />
redmizzle said:
bojinov29 said:
yeah i know what you mean, as i said, probably couldn't be ar$ed running to catch up play.

Ah, i get it. He's lazy like Adebayor.

WTF?

EaglesFan said:
I had a need to come on here and point out that some people here are unfair when assessing players.

That said, somehow Balotelli is now being rated for "smiling", "enjoying himself", and rather small contributions on sunday like occassionaly holding up ball, winning a free kick, and making a run or two.

Some of the people rating him this way are the same ones crusifying Dzeko on other threads for NOT SCORING or SIGNIFICANTLY contributing in certain games, while making small contributions just like Balotelli did vs. Sunderand.

The fact: Balotelli did not score or do anything significant (not counting negatives) since that goal 5-6 games back against Wigan (was it)? Against Sunderland he had an OK game, nothing more, and was invisible for large chunks of the game. And he should be rated that way.

Not hating the lad AT ALL, just pissed off at how different game-time criteria are used between him and Dzeko for example. Some consistent criteria wouldnt hurt on this forum.

That's a good point you raise. I think many of us were relieved that in the light of the recent media outcry (and the outcry amongst some of our own fans), it was refreshing to see him complete a full 90 minutes on Sunday without getting himself into any kind of trouble and making what I would deem to be a significant contribution in the game.

Conversely to your point however, you could argue that there has been a complete over-reaction to some of his misdemeanours and you can't help thinking if almost any other player was responsible they wouldn't have copped for half the vitriol that Balotelli has.

For the record, I find unconstructive criticism of both Balo and Dzeko extremely tedious. Some people appear to have given up on Dzeko and I think that's out of order.

I will add that Balotelli appears to have an unlikely ally in Ferguson who feels that City should persevere with him. I say unlilkely ally, but when you consider Ferguson has first-hand experience of dealing with volatile but talented individuals then you can see where he is coming from.

EaglesFan said:

Spot on. Seems to me that going OTT is more the norm on here.

EaglesFan said:

Would've thought that was quite a good post Eaglesfan but considering it's coming from you who does the EXACT SAME thing where Dzeko is concerned, i find it quite hypocritical to be honest.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
EaglesFan said:

City had 14 efforts on goal, Balotelli was responsible for 6 of them, 4 on target and 2 blocked, one of which resulted in Silva's goal. Hardly a "small" contribution really.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
EaglesFan said:

You go too far the other way Nelly.

redmizzle said:
EaglesFan said:

Would've thought that was quite a good post Eaglesfan but considering it's coming from you who does the EXACT SAME thing where Dzeko is concerned, i find it quite hypocritical to be honest.

Redmizzle - you are wrong about me mate.
I am of those who do not look at scoring goals as an EXCLUSIVE measure of forwards's play.

Thus - against Sunderland Balo did ok in my opinion (not bad, not great). Few games prior to that I didn't rate him well because he did things that literally hurt his team.
So - I don't see how I was hypocritical since I was also saying Dzeko is doing OK (not great, but not bad)? I never said he was doing great so far, but he is doing OK.

My point was towards some members who rate different aspects of the game differently depending on who the player is, which is unfair.

For example, somehow Balotelli wining a free kick, holding up ball few times, and smilling - and he was "superb" (while not scoring or assisting, or something major). Dzeko doing exactly those things and not scoring - and he is "shit".
In my opinion they are both good with potential to be GREAT.

Just some consistency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.