Mario

samharris said:
His burst of speed deserves more credit than it gets tbh.

Noticed that on a chase with a defender when the ball was going to their keeper (1st half), Mario was keeping pace with the defender who was running flat out then he notched it up another gear, but keeper got there first.

I think a few on this thread have been losing the plot, no-one is trying to say he's gone from bad boy to world beater overnight, just that after all the criticism he's had in the past, yesterday he turned the corner with his attituude, started doing the skillful things he's capable of and played a bit more for the team instead of himself.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Don't recall Gary Lineker being renowned for 'putting a shift' in.

Mario's mere talents ensures opposition defenders can't afford to take a higher line.

He showed decent application and his 'Rooney' moment will come.

It will take the breath away and a positive seed will be planted not just amongst our own doubters, but a wider consensus.

It's coming...

I can see it coming when.................i can't say it..............don't want to spoil the moment..............you know where i'm coming from.

Carver said:
samharris said:
His burst of speed deserves more credit than it gets tbh.

Noticed that on a chase with a defender when the ball was going to their keeper (1st half), Mario was keeping pace with the defender who was running flat out then he notched it up another gear, but keeper got there first.

I think a few on this thread have been losing the plot, no-one is trying to say he's gone from bad boy to world beater overnight, just that after all the criticism he's had in the past, yesterday he turned the corner with his attituude, started doing the skillful things he's capable of and played a bit more for the team instead of himself.

When Mensah had his arms wrapped around Balo yesterday for our free kick,Balo keept his cool as im sure Mensah was looking for Balo to react.

I particularly noticed how well he defended several set pieces they had against us, a bit like Drogba does for Chelsea.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm --<br /><br />
waspish said:
Listen to all the Rooney apologists on sky sports it's sicking! When Bally did anything wrong they wheeled people to stick the knife in!

I just fucking turn it off!

redmizzle said:
I particularly noticed how well he defended several set pieces they had against us, a bit like Drogba does for Chelsea.

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm --

waspish said:
Listen to all the Rooney apologists on sky sports it's sicking! When Bally did anything wrong they wheeled people to stick the knife in!

I just fucking turn it off!

in all fairness he has been doing that all season, front post with big wins. uncanny the amount of times he has chances from our own set pieces too.

Yesterday was his best performance for us imo and that despite not scoring.

The lad put a shift in and genuinely seemed to enjoy it for the first time.

Balo aside, we looked like a team again at last.

pee dubya said:
Mario is like a big cat, can look docile and ineffective, just hanging around not really doing much, but it's a strategy. The second he sees an opportunity he springs into life, it's a nightmare for defenders really. Against an all action player like Tevez, they don't get much of a chance to lose their concentration, but against Balo, they have to keep their concentration even when he looks like he's doing nothing at all. Really he's watching and waiting.

Of course it's a balancing act, he has to contribute to the general team play as well, but it's about getting the balance correct. Sometimes he doesn't, but he's young and learning.

The problem is of course if it doesn't go his way, sometimes you don't even notice the threat, but it's always there.

I couldn't have put it better.

A couple more occasions where he surges past opponents with such power will have Prem defenders scared to death. They won't dare go tight on him cos they know he could them with a quick turn. They'll have to stand off him, give him a yard, put 2 men on him even. That's what pace gives you, it invokes fear in defenders. I predict he'll be getting a lot more room as he receives the ball in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.