Mario

forevermancity said:
mekonmcfc said:
you lot must watch a different game !!! what did he actually contribute ? so he closed play down once or twice... wow.. he is supposedly a world class player and for me has shown nothing yet. He needs to look around the world even just the premier league and look at how the game is playeds over here. dare i say it harnandez is leading the way on how to worry defenders

the jury is still well and truly out for me

-- Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:39 am --

so this means he had a good game !!! laughable

your failure to realise that he had a much better game today is laughable

I think Mario did have a much better game but for me, the huge frustration was his almost complete lack of effort when he DIDN'T have the ball at his feet. In addition, when he lost the ball his body language basically said "fuck it, someone else can win it back and pass it back to me". Totally different to CT's attitude which says "how dare you take the ball off me I'm getting it back!"

Mario, without a doubt is a talent, he just needs to work harder when we don't have the ball and do his bit for the team to get it back.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
forevermancity said:
your failure to realise that he had a much better game today is laughable

I think Mario did have a much better game but for me, the huge frustration was his almost complete lack of effort when he DIDN'T have the ball at his feet. In addition, when he lost the ball his body language basically said "fuck it, someone else can win it back and pass it back to me". Totally different to CT's attitude which says "how dare you take the ball off me I'm getting it back!"

Mario, without a doubt is a talent, he just needs to work harder when we don't have the ball and do his bit for the team to get it back.

He can be a great player without having to run around like a headless chicken you know. Not every player has to play in that style. It may be more appeasing for fans but it is certainly not always necessary.

MCFC BOB said:
I have to say, he conduected himself wonderfully and was incredibly unlucky not to score. Let's hope he can match those type of performances with a goal. And did anyone see his smile get caught on camera more than once yesterday?

Funny enough BoB but i think Balo has got the best smile in the squad tbh.

samharris said:
MCFC BOB said:
I have to say, he conduected himself wonderfully and was incredibly unlucky not to score. Let's hope he can match those type of performances with a goal. And did anyone see his smile get caught on camera more than once yesterday?

Funny enough BoB but i think Balo has got the best smile in the squad tbh.

im not even gonna take the bait on this post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mekonmcfc said:
albindgreat said:
haha... tell me what they did that mario couldnt yesterday... there was an earlier post that explained what mario did yesterday on the pitch... and you questioned it whether those things would make him world class... tell me what aj,tevez and silva did in the last game that mario couldnt, if you consider any of them world class... as i said earlier,you are deluded mate with anti-mario eyes...
if i havent played football,i bet you even havent watched football, by those comments...

shut up fool ... at present i am an anti mario,as he has a lot to do to make up for his piss poor showings so far, he cost us europe for being a dick, he has contributed nothing as yet. one slightly improved performance and you think hes fucking god. now shut up and start eating your pies again fat boy

I've been a critic of Mario's attitude in recent weeks, but come on, give credit where credit is due. Today was one of, if not his best game in a City shirt. No tantrums, no bookings, good effort on the pitch, shots on target, taking players on....what else do you want ?

OK, so he's got a way to go to show that he's truly changed and less of a liability, but yesterday he showed that he can do it. If he continues like that for the rest of the season then I will certainly change my opinion of him.

SamTheGuru said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

He can be a great player without having to run around like a headless chicken you know. Not every player has to play in that style. It may be more appeasing for fans but it is certainly not always necessary.

Who said anything about headless chicken? CT absolutely does not run around like a headless chicken anyway. You must be thinking of Gelson.

What I was saying is that, although Mario's performance was a big improvement, he didn't make any effort to regain the possession that HE lost. Why is that too much to ask? He may not be successful in getting the ball back but for fuck's sake at least try!!

Ricster said:
Give credit where credit is due. This lad was a great improvement yesterday. Chased and harried at times, looked sharper than he has all season, worked for the team, and kept his head.

Having watched the game back on tv last night, in the 2nd half Mario seemed to be fouled but in the falling of the 2 players, Mario took a knock to the head. Howard Webb came over and showed Mario compassion, even though he didnt give the free kick. Mario seemed to appreciate the respect shown by Webb, who sort of a fatherly way, wiped away any bump Mario had.

Mario, if you read BM, more of the same please. Well done.

Well said Ricster, totally agree looked a lot more involved and interested, needs to be more consistent in this area before I give him any more praise though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.