Mark Burgess - Tales from the ticket office!

I am glad to see other posters giving their opinion on Mr. Halford.
He presided over the fiasco of a ticket office for many years.
How he remained in the job is a complete mystery.
And now he is Mr. Manchester City.
I started a thread a few years back asking how he managed to get up on the Wembley steps and shaking the FA Cup in 2011 and was pretty much in the minority on that thought!

Halford was there throughout the swales era and knows where the bodies are buried. Hence his Mr Manchester City status.
The Duncan mentioned earlier had an S/T in the East Stand but his was one converted to a premium seat so I'm not sure where he sits these days.

Mr Halford I am sure knows exactly where the missing attendance cash went....don't you Bernard...

And we are talking a very , very large sum of money.

I could never understand why her Majesty's Tax investigators did not go and have a chat to Ms Swales, Halford and co during the late 70's and 80's.

A few turnstile operators would also need questioning I would imagine. Cash transactions of that scale always susceptible to dodgy goings on

Wonder how come so many RAGS got tickets for the North Stand when we thrashed them 5-1 .Bernard was only a ("big City Fan ) because he worked at the club no doubt when he was at Oldham he was a big Oldham Fan .he makes Dick Turpin look good

Mr Halford I am sure knows exactly where the missing attendance cash went....don't you Bernard...

And we are talking a very , very large sum of money.

I could never understand why her Majesty's Tax investigators did not go and have a chat to Ms Swales, Halford and co during the late 70's and 80's.

I'd guess Her Majesty's Tax Inspectors were warned well and truly off investigating our 'national game' particularly after the euphoria of us winning the World Cup. If ever there was an industry ripe for corruption it was, and still apparently is, professional football. The stories are legendary aren't they, dodgy turnstiles, player inducements, off the books payments and that's without even getting started on Louis Edwards. The abolishment of the maximum wage must have sent shock waves through the boardrooms of all football clubs who were used to basically doing as they pleased. The difference is that now it's the players that take the lions share of the money and not the directors.

I'd guess Her Majesty's Tax Inspectors were warned well and truly off investigating our 'national game' particularly after the euphoria of us winning the World Cup. If ever there was an industry ripe for corruption it was, and still apparently is, professional football. The stories are legendary aren't they, dodgy turnstiles, player inducements, off the books payments and that's without even getting started on Louis Edwards. The abolishment of the maximum wage must have sent shock waves through the boardrooms of all football clubs who were used to basically doing as they pleased. The difference is that now it's the players that take the lions share of the money and not the directors.

Exactly, The late Ms Peter Swales,Freddie Pye, Louis Edwards must have taken a hell of a lot out of football.

The official attendances at Maine Road were a joke, it would have been funny but for the fact the club was loosing hundreds of thousands of pounds of revenue.

As I said before, I just don't understand why Bernard Halford has any right to be involved in the current regime. Our current owners are the epitome of class and ethics.
Khaldoon Al Mubarak is one of the most impressive men I have ever come across, the finest chairman in world football and one of the most astute business men in the world. But why he feels the need to have Bernard Halford on the scene is totally beyond me.

If Bernard had 'taken' as much money as is being implied, I doubt he'd be living in an ordinary house in Failsworth !?!

The whole club was a shambles from the top to the bottom in those days and at the forefront of that shambles was that fucking awful ticket office!! No wonder a club of our size,stature and support spent 35 years in the fucking wilderness,it really was run by total morons,many out to further their own ends,led by bloody Swales! A total disgrace and unforgivable that good solid blues literally gave blood at times supporting this shower and some sadly died before it was sorted.

I remember a long time ago going to the ticket office to buy 4 or 5 tickets for an away match somewhere and as you sometimes did back then you paid by cheque

Anyway the girl serving me said "ok that's all sorted, here's your tickets... and here's your cheque". After looking at her gobsmacked for half a minute thinking what is she on about, I did one quickly, tickets and cheque in hand, Never heard anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.