Mark Clattenberg

Re: Was there something more sinister happening last night?

Mugatu said:
blue b4 the moon said:
Sounds great but wasn't he doing tv adverts for the main sponsor of AC MIlan whilst still reffing?

Bottom line is very very few people don't have a price.

I'm not sure, I'd not heard that. Which company was that at the time, out of interest? I know he did an advertising campaign for Adidas, I can remember it quite well.

Either way I'm not sure you can say that a high profile official doing adverts is corruption, whether it's a company that sponsors a club or not. A sponsor pays a club to raise the profile of their company / product, they don't have a lot of sway with what happens on a pitch. Forgive me, I'm not seeing the link but I'm happy to discuss it if you can guide me to how that influence could work.

Just found it - ' A a dispute emerged between the federation and Collina early in August 2005, following Collina's decision to sign a major sponsorship deal with Opel (also advertising for Vauxhall Motors in the UK – both are owned by General Motors). As Opel was also a sponsor of Serie A club A.C. Milan, the deal was seen as a major conflict of interest and Collina was disbarred from refereeing top-flight matches in Italy.'

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierluigi_Collina" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierluigi_Collina</a>

Couldn't remember the full details but at the time it looked iffy.

I dont think hes smart enough to be "bought".

The guy is just a clown. simple as that.

Big decisions matter in games and time and time again he simply gets them wrong, if we get that penalty last night at 1-0 we win the game simple as; he is just God awful. Moreover, you know when you get that feeeling that he's giving the other team everything, any 50-50's went to them etc. Absolute joke of a referee.

It's very easy to say that all clubs think they are hard done by and that all the officials are against them.

However, all you naysayers - do you honestly never sometimes think there's a doings afoot when you see some of the spectacularly bad decisions we get from time to time?

strongbowholic said:
It's very easy to say that all clubs think they are hard done by and that all the officials are against them.

However, all you naysayers - do you honestly never sometimes think there's a doings afoot when you see some of the spectacularly bad decisions we get from time to time?

The old decisions even themselves out argument(bollocks)

Inconsistent decisions that always seem to favour our opponents in the big games.

Goes like this:

Opponents allowed 2-3 warnings before bookings.

MCFC players especially CB or CM booked first foul(limit there impact)

The vast majority of 50/50s go to the opposition.

No protection for our players compare Aguero and Suarez in our recent game.

And last but not least even the bookings count when the game is already decided(so idiots can see the stats and say the ref was fair)

Watch our games again and bear in mind my post and we can revisit my points,
rather than individuals calling us paranoid please give me evidence to counter this.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
rather than individuals calling us paranoid please give me evidence to counter this.

It doesn't really work like that though Super, if you have a point you're generally expected to back that point up, not just throw it out there and challenge everyone else to disprove it. It's like me saying that 38% of all children in the UK under the age of three have at some point broken a bone. But not being able to back that up with evidence, it's not fair of me to say to you that you have to disprove it.

Same with your "facts", none of them are remotely quantifiable, so there's no proving or disproving them either way. Let's take an example:

What figures have you got to back that up? Opta stats maybe? Can we see them?

See, bullshit statements with no backup. So no, it's not down to us to disprove your "points". They're airy fairy nothing statements to start with.

Mugatu said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:

It doesn't really work like that though Super, if you have a point you're generally expected to back that point up, not just throw it out there and challenge everyone else to disprove it. It's like me saying that 38% of all children in the UK under the age of three have at some point broken a bone. But not being able to back that up with evidence, it's not fair of me to say to you that you have to disprove it.

Same with your "facts", none of them are remotely quantifiable, so there's no proving or disproving them either way. Let's take an example:

What figures have you got to back that up? Opta stats maybe? Can we see them?

See, bullshit statements with no backup. So no, it's not down to us to disprove your "points". They're airy fairy nothing statements to start with.

What if you're the opposition (not you personally)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.