Mark Clattenberg

oakiecokie said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
if clichy was sent off for 2 harmless trips , why wasnt meriless sent off for 2 dangerous over the top challenges ?? He got the silva pen wrong , and i dont think lescott could get out of the way of their penalty claim , But we should have been out of sight after 30 minutes , blame the team for not punishing a very average chelsea team .But blaming clattenburg makes us sound like baconface or daglish , and we shouldnt sink to that level.

I think Yaya was lucky still to on the pich after one kick and a slap around the head.
Seen them given red cards plenty of times.

good point about yaya , dont know what he was thinking , plus kompany was lucky with his challenge on mata , he was already on a yellow , But we should have wrapped this game up before half time , we shouldnt be relying on referees , let baconface , dalglish , redknapp and avb do that , its a sign of desperation when you blame the referee.

Mugatu said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Watch our games again and bear in mind my post and we can revisit my points,
rather than individuals calling us paranoid please give me evidence to counter this.

It doesn't really work like that though Super, if you have a point you're generally expected to back that point up, not just throw it out there and challenge everyone else to disprove it. It's like me saying that 38% of all children in the UK under the age of three have at some point broken a bone. But not being able to back that up with evidence, it's not fair of me to say to you that you have to disprove it.

Same with your "facts", none of them are remotely quantifiable, so there's no proving or disproving them either way. Let's take an example:

The vast majority of 50/50s go to the opposition.

Watch the game with an open mind rather than worrying about being called paranoid.

And watch another game involving our rivals and check out the 50/50 decisions.

Just an opinion fella that's what it's all about.

What figures have you got to back that up? Opta stats maybe? Can we see them?

See, bullshit statements with no backup. So no, it's not down to us to disprove your "points". They're airy fairy nothing statements to start with.

He also failed to give us the blatant penalty at 1-0 (think it was 1-0 at the time) at the swamp when Richards was clearly fouled and even commentators said it was a penalty

I thought it was just us who disliked Clattenburg. I'd like to point out a few things to City fans that they may or may not know. Clattenburgs performance in the Merseyside derby has to be the most 1 sided refereeing performance I've ever seen. First of all he gave a penalty to Liverpool which was on the edge of the box. Then he decided to sent Hibbert off despite the fact Gerrard was going away from goal. Then he only booked Kuyt for a kung fu kick on Phil Neville, which was 1 of the most obvious red cards ever. Then he decided to deny us a penalty after Carragher rugby tackled Lescott. After that match it was then found out a week and a half before the game Clattenburgs wife had met all the Liverpool players before the Marseille game and she was a Liverpool fan. Moyes originally was charged for his comments by the FA, but then the charge was mysteriously dropped. Since 2007 Clattenburg has never officiated an Everton game, which to me is very strange.

standupefc said:
I thought it was just us who disliked Clattenburg. I'd like to point out a few things to City fans that they may or may not know. Clattenburgs performance in the Merseyside derby has to be the most 1 sided refereeing performance I've ever seen. First of all he gave a penalty to Liverpool which was on the edge of the box. Then he decided to sent Hibbert off despite the fact Gerrard was going away from goal. Then he only booked Kuyt for a kung fu kick on Phil Neville, which was 1 of the most obvious red cards ever. Then he decided to deny us a penalty after Carragher rugby tackled Lescott. After that match it was then found out a week and a half before the game Clattenburgs wife had met all the Liverpool players before the Marseille game and she was a Liverpool fan. Moyes originally was charged for his comments by the FA, but then the charge was mysteriously dropped. Since 2007 Clattenburg has never officiated an Everton game, which to me is very strange.

I do remember the game, it was a disgrace. Never seen such incompetant refereeing.

Boney said:
standupefc said:

I do remember the game, it was a disgrace. Never seen such incompetant refereeing.

Clearly shows, he's fcukin bent ref. For the FA to brush that under the carpet is disgraceful as well though.

Unfortunately because we beat the rags 6-1 at the swamp, all is forgiven in regards Mr Clattenberg whom can do no wrong in the eyes of certain city fans. Until the day that my fellow city fans realise that the whole basis off our beautiful game is being ruined by corrupt officials.

The best team should win the league not the:

Team with the most supporters.
Maintaining the Sky cartel.

Until football supporters unite and fight this our game will be as scripted as any Hollywood movie.

Sorry if this makes me a paranoid fantasist then so be it.

standupefc said:
October 2007, Clattenburg gives surely the most blatantly corrupt refereeing performance ever seen in the PL. A few months later he is suspended then eventually sacked but mysteriously re-instated on appeal just before the end of the 2008/9 season.

Oh, and at the end of that 2008/9 season Rob Styles announces his decision to retire early, a decision taken some months earlier according to him. At about the same time Clattenburg is sacked and Styles decides to "retire", Thaksin Shinawatra is also summarily relieved of his position as honorary President of Manchester City. Manchester City actually had a very good record in games officiated by Clattenburg at that time.

In an entirely unconnected incident at about the same time, the FA is believed to have paid a substantial sum for a dossier containing information about links between certain people in the game and certain other people. Just thought I'd throw that in.

standupefc said:

Not normally one for conspiracy theories regarding bent refs but that game genuinely concerned me.
I dont believe for a second that anything illegal occurred but I do believe Clattenburg is more than capable of possessing a God-complex on the pitch and sometimes favouring one side over the other.
If that wasnt sickening enough it gets even worse for me - he does so because he is star-struck. Look at how he allowed himself to be persuaded by Gerrard to red card Hibbert. That alone was outrageous and in incontestable - was there for all to see on camera.
Then we get to Rooney's assault - and assault is the only word for it - on McCarthy at Wigan.
For Clattenburg to witness that and to put his arm around Rooney and laugh and joke was disgusting. Absolutely fucking disgusting.

He reminds me of a kid in my year back in school who used to bully those he deemed weak or 'beneath' him but used to crawl like a servile little arse-lick to the cool lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.