Mark Clattenberg

standupefc said:
I thought it was just us who disliked Clattenburg. I'd like to point out a few things to City fans that they may or may not know. Clattenburgs performance in the Merseyside derby has to be the most 1 sided refereeing performance I've ever seen. First of all he gave a penalty to Liverpool which was on the edge of the box. Then he decided to sent Hibbert off despite the fact Gerrard was going away from goal. Then he only booked Kuyt for a kung fu kick on Phil Neville, which was 1 of the most obvious red cards ever. Then he decided to deny us a penalty after Carragher rugby tackled Lescott. After that match it was then found out a week and a half before the game Clattenburgs wife had met all the Liverpool players before the Marseille game and she was a Liverpool fan. Moyes originally was charged for his comments by the FA, but then the charge was mysteriously dropped. Since 2007 Clattenburg has never officiated an Everton game, which to me is very strange.

Is that true about never having officiated n Everton game? That would indeed be strange.

If a ref wants to influence game, he doesntvdo it with big decisions. not if he's wise, anyway. better to subtly dissuade your unfavoured team. stop them attacking. flag them office. award a freekick against them when they're about to build an attack. get a home crowd more interested in jeering your decisions instead of willing their team on.

Come on boys, we've all seen it. Much more than once, i'd venture.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Unfortunately because we beat the rags 6-1 at the swamp, all is forgiven in regards Mr Clattenberg whom can do no wrong in the eyes of certain city fans. Until the day that my fellow city fans realise that the whole basis off our beautiful game is being ruined by corrupt officials.

The best team should win the league not the:

Team with the most supporters.
Maintaining the Sky cartel.

Until football supporters unite and fight this our game will be as scripted as any Hollywood movie.

Sorry if this makes me a paranoid fantasist then so be it.

With you on this kev.

When Fwank came on me and my mates had a bet on when he would score the winning penalty.

The premier league is not a sport it's WWE.

Pam said:
standupefc said:
I thought it was just us who disliked Clattenburg. I'd like to point out a few things to City fans that they may or may not know. Clattenburgs performance in the Merseyside derby has to be the most 1 sided refereeing performance I've ever seen. First of all he gave a penalty to Liverpool which was on the edge of the box. Then he decided to sent Hibbert off despite the fact Gerrard was going away from goal. Then he only booked Kuyt for a kung fu kick on Phil Neville, which was 1 of the most obvious red cards ever. Then he decided to deny us a penalty after Carragher rugby tackled Lescott. After that match it was then found out a week and a half before the game Clattenburgs wife had met all the Liverpool players before the Marseille game and she was a Liverpool fan. Moyes originally was charged for his comments by the FA, but then the charge was mysteriously dropped. Since 2007 Clattenburg has never officiated an Everton game, which to me is very strange.

Is that true about never having officiated n Everton game? That would indeed be strange.

he's not allowed to.

hertsblue said:
He also failed to give us the blatant penalty at 1-0 (think it was 1-0 at the time) at the swamp when Richards was clearly fouled and even commentators said it was a penalty

To this day i still don't understand clattenburg's response to that non micah penalty at the swamp. Was he air washing his hands? A big wtf moment.

Train said:
hertsblue said:
He also failed to give us the blatant penalty at 1-0 (think it was 1-0 at the time) at the swamp when Richards was clearly fouled and even commentators said it was a penalty

To this day i still don't understand clattenburg's response to that non micah penalty at the swamp. Was he air washing his hands? A big wtf moment.

His hand rolling gesture was meant to signify a 'coming together' of the players who got 'tangled up' with each other. Also knows as a stone cold penalty.

Train said:
hertsblue said:

He's getting like that cricket umpire (Billy Bowden) who invents his own hand signals to "enhance" the entertainment of the game:
did you see the ott way he pointed to the spot after Lescott's handball?
I'm looking forward to his version of:
"The Clive Thomas" i.e. exaggerated knee kick when blowing whistle to start game.
"The Mario Hush" : exaggerated finger to lips when telling a player to button it.
"Handbags": a brief mincing dance routine to indicate a "playful" coming together of players rather than aggressive intent.
"The TV screen": if there was EVER a ref who is dying to make that TV image with his hands when asking for the use of video technology it would be Clattenburg.

Let's also remember that Clattenburg was the ref for the infamous Adebayor incident.

He booked him for his celebration (which is what he told Mark Hughes and the club) but then altered his report to say it was for time-wasting. This allowed the FA to bring a retrospective charge against Adebayor for it. This was as well as the van Persie incident, which he saw and took no action against then was persuaded he didn't see it afterwards and would have taken action if he had. The man clearly has zero integrity.

Just because we're paranoid, it doesn't mean Clattenburg isn't out to get us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.