Mark Halsey

mancityvstoke said:
jesus this Halsey witch hunt is quite sickening to read.

What has he done to deserve this ffs?

Its not a witch hunt ffs..just supporters wanting and expecting someone to do their job properly..all the pundits too said the player should have walked..

can you give me a good reason why he didnt walk ??....
The one thing that blights the premiere league is the inconsistency of the refs..

Dedryk Boyata walked for a lot less against the Arse....we lost 0-3

or are our memories so short ??

I'm never quite sure why Halsey has this legendary status amongst City fans for what he did in the Play Off Final.

He added 5 minutes additional time... which was correct. He didn't do us any favours, he only did what he should have done.

No one seems to remember him refusing us a penalty in the first 30 seconds of that game for one of the most blatant handballs imaginable.

And since then he has rarely given us anything in our favour, with last night a further example of that. He gave Leicester a dodgy penalty, didn't send one of their players off when he was clearly stoppping a goalscoring opportunity, and even helped in the build up to their second goal!

Halsey wallowed in the publicity after that Play Off Final game, attending City supporters events, on the telly, the lot. And, to me, that is not the sign of a good referee.

Having said that, I wish him well in his recovery from ilness, and he looked to be over all that last night.

5/10.
had a pretty poor game.
should have had a leicester sending off and the penalty for leicester was never a penalty, you actually see him bakcing away, waiting a few seconds, look at the lino, no flag and then think ok i feel sorry for them, il give it.

The Leicester penalty was definitely a penalty. Vieira intentionally tripped him.

Soulboy said:
I'm never quite sure why Halsey has this legendary status amongst City fans for what he did in the Play Off Final.

He added 5 minutes additional time... which was correct. He didn't do us any favours, he only did what he should have done.

No one seems to remember him refusing us a penalty in the first 30 seconds of that game for one of the most blatant handballs imaginable.

I'm glad he didn't give that handball. I'll forever remember that day for the way we won it and am glad it wasn't just a routine 2-0 victory or something!

davealvers said:
Soulboy said:

I'm glad he didn't give that handball. I'll forever remember that day for the way we won it and am glad it wasn't just a routine 2-0 victory or something!

Not for me.

I would have been far happier (and healthier!) with a resounding 4-0 win rather than suffer the traumas of that day!

Are you into dangerous sports by any chance...

;-))

Referees must be operating under new guidelines that say if there is any contact, however minute, and a player goes to ground then its an offence. City players should learn this even though it is spoiling football. FIFA are trying to make the game a non-contact sport

I've always view Halsey as one of the better refs , this is nothing to do with the play-off final, just that he does manager players rather than reach for his cards, and tries to let the game flow. In last night's game he got two decisions wrong 1. The penalty for Leicester and 2. Not sending off the player, guilty of the foul on Tevez who clearly denined a clear goal scoring oppotunity. It is not in the ref's remit to decide wether to send off the player or not, depending upon the state of the game. I am sure he will be censored for his decision.

I was disappointed in his performance last night but I do think that he was operating to the latest guidelines.

SamTheGuru said:
The Leicester penalty was definitely a penalty. Vieira intentionally tripped him.

At the time I thought it was outrageous. Watched it back on SKY+ this morning though and it was a foul imo. Absolutely bizarre decision by Vieira, their player had over run the ball and knocked it through to Hart and he just stuck his leg out and tripped him up. Vieira is just a liability unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.