Mark Halsey

Not fucking well said at all. Referees do not exist to 'help' one team or another. They exist to give correct decisions according to the letter of the law and without unduly influencing the game in favour of one side or the other. He was shocking at the Gillingham game. We should have had a penalty in the first minute (might not have needed five minutes if he'd got that right) and so could Gillingham from a Jeff Whitley handball towards the end extra-time. Oh, and yes I was there. Believe it or not, you weren't the only City fan there that day.

I'm all for refs trying not to send players off. They should, in my opinion, look for a reason to not show a red card. That was a piss take though last night. It was so obviously a red card there was no reason to not send him off and when the pen was missed and they pulled one back (still with 11 men on the pitch), that decision just looked worse and worse to me. That said, I like Halsey, he's a decent ref.

I thought it was good to see a game, for a change, where every foul wasn't a yellow card but he got it seriously wring with not sending their player off for the Tevez penalty.

mancityvstoke said:
who said anything of the sort?
If that's directed at me, blueskies2 said Halsey helped us get out of the third flight. I have two issues with that:

1. Referees shouldn't be helping anyone, they should be neutral and should not be praised or respected for being biased whether it's bias in our favour or not.
2. He didn't anyway. If we'd got a penalty in the first minute as we should then it might have been a different game. I won't have this 'legend' (lordloverocket before you ask) bollocks because he gave us five minutes.

Skashion said:
mancityvstoke said:
who said anything of the sort?
If that's directed at me, blueskies2 said Halsey helped us get out of the third flight. I have two issues with that:

1. Referees shouldn't be helping anyone, they should be neutral and should not be praised or respected for being biased whether it's bias in our favour or not.
2. He didn't anyway. If we'd got a penalty in the first minute as we should then it might have been a different game. I won't have this 'legend' (lordloverocket before you ask) bollocks because he gave us five minutes.

ok mate we all have our OWN opinion. I agree that REFs shouldnt help anyone but I AM glad he gave us 5 minutes that day. Always will be.

I'm glad he beat cancer and is a ref once again too.

mancityvstoke said:
I'm glad he beat cancer and is a ref once again too.
and there's nowt wrong with that. I don't have anything against Halsey - though I don't think he's a great ref, he's okay, but I'm not of the mindset that he's above criticism for wrong decisions because he gave us five minutes against Gillingham.

I can't understand why there is a shortage of refs at grass roots level with all the learned posters on here. FFS, some you win some you lose. We actually won last night.
Some people are genuinely not happy unless they are moaning. We should be talking about the Silva pass, the Tevez pass that set up two goals, not whether the ref got a decision right that cannot be altered.

Breadsnapper said:
I can't understand why there is a shortage of refs at grass roots level with all the learned posters on here. FFS, some you win some you lose. We actually won last night.
Some people are genuinely not happy unless they are moaning. We should be talking about the Silva pass, the Tevez pass that set up two goals, not whether the ref got a decision right that cannot be altered.

Someone began the thread saying how good a job Halsey did and some people agreed with him. However, others disagreed and realised how fickle it is to say he did a good job when he made one major call that could have contributed to us losing the game in which case he would have been the worst ref on the planet.

I don't understand where the moaning is...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.